I think I broke my butt



Happy Monday Bleeps!

So the question is: knowing what I know now about how much I am hurting after the Half Marathon on Saturday, would I do it again?  Yes, yes I would.

I hope that my pain isn't discouraging anyone from dreaming of their own Half.  Although first let me say that nothing annoys me more than when someone says "Oh 13.1 miles? I can do that."  Generally it is said in a condescending way. Second, of course you can, but it does take training.  You are not going to be able to just get up off of your couch and go do it. You just need to put the time and effort into preparing your body for it.  I want you to want to do it!  And I for one will be your biggest cheerleader.  I would love to get a group of people and train them for their first Half. I would be happy to pace them and get them jazzed up.

I still have dreams of finishing a full marathon next year. It is a commitment though. I would need to get serious about my training. When I start to think about it my brain just starts screaming "When the heck are you going to have time to train? You couldn't even handle a Half and you have done them before."  I need to prioritize. First thing first though. I have to concentrate on getting my Personal Trainer Certification. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!

Before I go on, I just want to give my shout out thanks to some people for this weekend.

Thank you Kristin for joining me for the race.

Thank you Ms. Cheryl for feeding me both nights.

Thank you Heather for being my photographer, cheerleader, and chauffer.

Okay so today I got up and went to work. It was hard mentally. I sit all day long and I knew that would not be good for my sore muscles. I told Ms. Lety that even if I did not need to use the ladies room when she did, I would still walk over there with her just to get up and move around.  My butt was SORE today!  Can you sprain your butt? I'm pretty sure that I did.  Maybe I broke it. It sure as heck feels like I did.

So tonight I went back to the old gym. I had hoped to see Gym Crush 1.  When I signed in they ask for the reason why you are visiting another site. I put "visit" because I was pretty sure "stalking" would be frowned upon. haha.

I got on the treadmill for a light 20 minutes just to loosen up my legs. And then I went over to the machines for back and chest. My legs needed a break. I was feeling good after my upper body and went over to the abs/stretching area. I did 10 minutes of abs and then just went to town stretching. Ahhh...Good stuff!

Sadly, Gym Crush 1 never came. I did see Gym Crush 2 again though.

I was really tired when I was driving home, but I got a little excited. I did not have to pack my lunch for tomorrow at least.  We are having a potluck at work.  I signed up to bring a veggie tray and already took it in this morning. I saw the list of what people volunteered to bring in and I'm a little nervous at my options.  I am also going out to lunch the rest of the week. I don't usually like to do this, but I'm away for a week for Christmas and I'm trying to get everything in at once. Not gonna lie, it's causing some anxiety, but I'm looking at it like a challenge. And I intend to win!

Oh and going back to the drive home from the gym, it's a 45 minute drive. I have now instituted a new rule in the house. I have the downstairs bathroom on permanent reservation from 7:30-7:45 every gym night. I can't take the chance of anyone being in there. I have had to pee soooo bad every night that I got home. Don't know how I have not peed my pants yet.

Have a Blessed Night My Friends,

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts