Where did the summer go????

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!  Although technically we had a holiday so...Happy Only Two Days Left Until The Weekend Day!

So let's just put it out there. Today was CRAPPY. I walked in to work to find Ms. Kerri's computer imploding. It pretty much decided to stop working today. The good news is that's what back ups are for. Unfortunately, I am her back up and the beginning of the month is my busiest part of the month. Bah.  We made it through the day though. And I took some aggression out at the gym.

Ahhh...the gym!  I hate that it had been so long since I had been there.  I had last Friday as a travel day. Saturday I was only there for 45 minutes and I had to force myself into it. Sunday I didn't hit the gym, but I was moving a lot with the organizing.  Monday I had planned on going when I got home, but I got a late start on the road and the gym was closing early. Tuesday was one of my Fantasy Football drafts.  Things come up, but I was aching to get back.

I know me.  I know how easy it is to talk myself out of working out and eating right. Seriously, it's not that hard. Once I get in the habit of not going it makes it that much easier to talk myself out of it later.

But, the Rock'n'Roll half is next Sunday and I am way behind in my training. WAY!  Where the heck did the summer go?  How did I lose this training time?  Now don't get me wrong, I have been training some, but not nearly as much as I did for my first half. Is it because I know I can do it?  Is it because I was in denial about how close it was? Is it because I couldn't give up my weights?  Who knows.  But, it's almost upon us and goodness only knows how I will do.

I HAD to go to the gym tonight. I had no choice. Friday is another travel day. So that's today and tomorrow at the gym. BAH!  Not enough. My plan is to go for a long distance on Saturday, but who knows what will happen.  My back up plan is to take next Tuesday off for a training day.  

I know I will finish.  I do.  But, I have done more leg weights this year. I haven't necessarily put in the cardio time needed. I had hoped to shave 30 minutes off of my time. I'll be happy to shave 15 at this point.  And here's my incentive. Today we got the email about the time limit. There is a four hour time limit and there will be a vehicle bringing up the rear. If you drop off pace they will drive you to the 4 hour pace.  There is NO WAY I should be even close to that...unless I run too much and hurt my knee. That could drop my walking pace considerably.  I really should be way ahead of that vehicle, but now I'm worried.  I had a monster charlie horse (calf cramp) last night and my foot has been hurting since my run tonight.  Think anyone will notice if I do it in roller skates?

I had hoped to put in 7 miles tonight, but I stopped at 6.5.  Time wise I had to get out of there. I had a lot to do when I got home. Tomorrow night I should do a weights night, but I think I will just go cardio again.  Instead of distance I will focus on incline...I love how it makes my butt feel.  haha.

So let's go back to my non-gym weekend. Monday night when I got home there was no parking out front.  I was forced to park behind the apartment. No biggie. Except that my car was loaded and there was a knocked down tree on the walkway.  So I could either walk the long way around the building or take the short way and take the stairs.  My initial thought was "What can stay in the car until tomorrow?"  But, after two trips I decided to make it my workout.  I took the long way for some and the stairs for others. It took thirty minutes and I was sweating when I was done.  My heart rate was up and I had been lifting.  So that counts :-)

Before I go, I want to recommend a book for you beginners. Right now I am reading Claire Cook's The Wildwater Walking Club.  It's cute and light. These three strangers start walking together.  They give each other incentives and the support that each other needs.  It's sweet and has a lot of good ideas (adding up the miles they walk and taking a trip as far as those miles).

Oh I almost forgot. You'll be happy to know that I finally got a new sports bra. *The clouds part, the sun comes out, and the people shout "AMEN!"*

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts