Get out the Tums. It's going to be a long night.


Happy Football Season! WOO WOO

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I went down to my dad's to hang with Grandmom for the weekend. So lots to talk about.

No surprise, but I got stuck in a bunch of rush hour traffic leaving the office on Friday.  So my 3 hour ride got significantly longer. I stopped around 7pm to pick up a few things for the weekend (protein bars and crystal light packets).  The plan was to go to the Subway around the corner for dinner, but I was really tired and just wanted to get back on the road. There was a Dunkin Donuts there and I thought I would check. They still had an eggwhite and turkey sausage flatbread sandwich.  It's not my ideal dinner (where are the veggies???), but it worked in a pinch.

I'm not gonna lie.  I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing the S word.  As soon as I walked in the door my dad said "Look who's here.  It's Skinny!"  YEAH.  I heart my daddy.

My plan was to get up and head out for a 12 mile walk at 7am.  Well that was the plan.  When my alarm went off at 6am I heard the rain and thunder. Back to sleep for me. I had another internal battle. My body wanted to sleep, but my brain wanted me up and started.  That resulted in a three hour Snooze button fest. bah!

By the time I got up and out it was 9:30.  I wanted an outside walk to condition my body for the asphalt and humidity. I got 45 minutes in and then it started to pour.  Luckily I was right next to the Fitness Center so I ran in.  I was a big giant sweaty mess.  Did I mention that it was humid?  By the time I got on the treadmill I could barely see outside of the window.  It was a sheet of water.  Okay, looks like I'm finishing my day in the fitness center.

Since I slept in so much I couldn't get my full 12 miles in.  I needed to get back to hang with Grandmom while Dad ran out for a bit. But, I did get 8 miles in. I was feeling good. I was also feeling the beginning of a blister on the bottom of my foot.  BAH!  I can no longer say that I am Blister Free in 2012.  Oh well, it's been about ten months so that's a fairly good run.

After my shower I brought my bag down to study. But, we know the rule. I can study before a long training session, but I can't study after.  I'm just tired.  Saturday was so humid it took a lot out of me.  I also hadn't had the breakfast and water I needed before I got started since I snoozed so much.  So instead, I just did my nails and hung with grandmom...watching the Food Channel.

I can only handle it for an hour or two depending on the show.  We watched Cupcake Wars.  My initial reaction: Kill me now.  Then I saw what the theme was.  They were making cupcakes for the America's Cup...so they had to used sea related items in their challenge.  Cupcakes made out of fish, seaweed, and Oysters are pretty much enough to turn me off of cupcakes for the rest of my life.  So we watched (in horror) the full episode.

The next show that came on was a show reality show about food trucks. Teams compete with each other in different cities and challenges.  Whoever makes the most money is the winner each week.  Whoever makes the least goes home.  This one was a little harder to watch.  Meatballs. Burgers. Tacos. Pizza. Waffles. It was a lot to take in.

I was about to call it a day with that channel and then Restaurant Impossible came on.  I have heard about this, but never watched it. This guy comes in and looks into why a restaurant is failing: food, staff, decor...then he attempts to fix it. It was interesting. But, since it wasn't centered around making the food I could handle it.

Except that dinner was cooking during this.  My pal Heather had come down and we were joking that the television had smellovision. The neighbors were coming over and we were having meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and a little extras from the night before. I had one serving and was done.  The former fat girl would have gone back and polished off those mashed potatoes. But, I'm happy to report my extreme restraint.  I sat at the table and waited for my belly to catch up.  It only took about 5 minutes and I'm glad I waited it out.  To many times in the past I would have gotten up for seconds immediately and then feel sick before I was even done eating.  Not that it would have stopped me from eating.

So today is NFL Sunday...one of the greatest days of the year. The Eagles game was not on the local TV channel so we had to make alternative plans. Normally we would go to our favorite sports bar on the Bay, Harpoon Hannah's.  However, we had grandmom with us and it was extremely crowded.  So we went Italian instead. We went to an Italian restaurant, Mio Fratello's, and sat in the bar area. They had an all you can eat buffett, but that's just not going to happen again in my lifetime. So we got menus. It was a little odd to be ordering italian food for football.  There should be a burger, hoagie or pizza in front of me.

I was looking all over the menu, but my eyes kept coming back to one item in the appetizers: The stuffed eggplant (Lightly breaded with prosciutto, asparagus, and ricotta cheese, topped with mozzarella and a hint of marinara sauce).  I asked about the serving size and it could be a meal. Now let me say, that I had only had a banana and protein bar for breakfast and it was now past my usual lunch time.  I was HUNGRY!  And all I could smell was the sauce...mmm....gimme!  So that's what I ordered.

It was delicious.  I love all things eggplant. And I practically licked my plate clean.  Daddy asked if I wanted to get another one to take home for dinner. The quickest internal debate ever happened. My brain was starting to say No, but my belly bitch slapped it and yelled "YES PLEASE!".  There are many things wrong with this scenario.  First, I may never get to sleep tonight because of the marinara heartburn I am experiencing). Second, I don't even want to think about the calories. Third, I had a three hour car ride ahead of me in the heat...my car is going to smell like this for days now.   But, it was worth it.  It was even better for dinner. 

Don't worry, as soon as I finished I packed my lunch for tomorrow and even pulled out some turkey burgers to defrost.  I will cook them for my next couple of dinners. My cheat time is over.

I had brought my bathing suit down hoping for some pool time, but everyone on the east coast knows how yesterday's weather went. Ick.  So when I was leaving today naturally it was nice and sunny. I decided to make a pit stop at the ocean for a few moments.  Just breathing it in relaxes me. And I'm happy to report that I passed on the boardwalk fries and ice cream. The smells were assaulting me as I walked to the beach.  I was still full from lunch though so it was easy to walk away.

Alright kids, It's almost half time and I NEED to get some studying done.  It just didn't happen this weekend so now I'm really behind.

Have a Blessed Night.

Oh and PS: Happy Birthday Mommie!

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts