Another Random Wednesday

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!

So the good news is that the week is half over!  YEAH!  That's good because I have too many things to do.

Yesterday the East Coast experienced some wild and wacky storms. We lost power at work around 4pm and got to leave early. WOO WOO!  Except that everyone was leaving at the same time and getting out of the parking lot sucked.   My foot was hurting, but I had still planned on heading to the gym for from cycling. But, my apartment complex loses power if a bird flies the wrong way so I figured I needed to get home and take care of dinner and packing my lunch while there was still daylight.  Then the plan was to study...by candlelight if I had to.

The good news is that the power stayed on all night. YEAH!  The bad news is that I was so drained from the day that I turned into a blob in my chair. I couldn't focus. My mind was all over the place. I need to pack for my move. I need to study. I need to read my book for book club.  I want to start my scrapbook. Oh wait look Big Bang Theory is on....let me just watch that. I got one page of studying in and then I called it a night.

I was getting frustrated with myself. I have so much to do, but dang I am so burnt out. I do legitimately have a sore foot. I do need be smart about my workouts, but I'm scared. When I don't get my workouts in I can feel it happening.  I can feel the old lifestyle creeping back in.  First it's making excuses not to go to the gym and then it's running through the drive-thru.

It's extremely frustrating. I had a great weekend. I hate that I have this fear. Will it ever go away?  Most normal people can skip working out for a few days and not worry about.  Most normal people can go out for food. For me it's a constant struggle. But, I guess when you spent as many years as I did embracing my lazy and unhealthy lifestyle I will always be looking over my shoulder.

So today I made sure to study for my full lunch hour. And now I'm on the chapter on Flexibility. YEAH!  Don't forget to stretch people!

Then tonight I stopped at the mall before I hit the gym. I needed to pick up some bananas and another ace bandage. But, I also wanted to go to Subway.  I could use my coupon and get one for dinner and one for lunch. Voila! I didn't have to worry about food once I got home.

I got to the gym and put in 30 minutes on the bike. I got in 11 miles. It felt so good. Perhaps I should have taken it a little slower and tried to get some of my book club reading done, but I was busy watching Sportscenter....besides, I already read the book 5 years ago. haha. I still want to read it again though so I'm going to sign off in a few.  There are just a few things I want to share before I go.

First, I want to give a shout out to my cousin Keeley. She's in her first year in college and left me a voice mail today. Every Wednesday she has an aerobic/weights class.  She loves it and said I'm such an inspiration for her. YEAH!  You go Girl!  Kick that Freshman 15's butt!

Second, I had a voice mail from my dad tonight. He was looking in the newspaper and saw a listing for upcoming 5k's by him.  There's one this Sunday and one in two weeks. I loved this call. I know that I'm a new person, but it's always nice to have some positive reinforcement. Sadly, I cannot make either of these races, but fear not.  I will be back down there soon for one.  Thank you Daddy!!!

Third, I got a card in the mail today. I will never tire of getting cards.  Call me old fashioned, but I love it.  I still try to send one a week to friends.  Anyway, my mom sent me a Proud of You card for Sunday.  It's the little things that make me smile.

Alright kids, I have to at least read one chapter before bed.

Have a Blessed Night.


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts