Today's Run: my shadow, my bra, and my brain

Happy Monday Bleeps!

Today was a good training day. It was COLD when I woke up. That wasn't going to keep me from going to the park, but I altered my plans a little. I made some oatmeal and had a hot tea to warm up my belly before going.

I bundled up and headed on over to meet up with my new running buddy. I was wearing a sweatshirt figuring that I would take it off after a lap.

The air warmed up 20 degrees since when I first woke up. I was overheating on that first lap. I couldn't wait to take the sweatshirt off. Underneath I had a long sleeved running shirt.

I have certainly enjoyed seeing my shadow recently. I have curves baby! There is a waist where it's supposed to be. Ahhh...it's the little things that bring me joy. But, if you didn't have a waist for most of your life you learn to appreciate these things.

We did a mixture of running and walking today. When we ran I had a problem.  I was wearing my old "good sports bra". I haven't worn it for runs in a long time. It's too big. I was bouncing all over the place. It's a good thing, but I can't do that again. My lady parts HURT. I still contend that anyone with boobs should get a handicap for running.

I was going to test out the salted caramel gel today. I don't necessarily need it for this distance, but I thought I would try it to see if I liked it. When I reached in to the belt I pulled out a vanilla bean one. DOH! I never looked at the flavor. Blonde moment.

Running buddy and I talked about a lot of things today. She asked me how much weight I have lost since I started training. I told her that secretly one of the things that I was most excited about during this training was the weight loss. The truth is though, I have only lost 5 lbs. My body has completely changed though. I have lost a lot of muscle and slimmed down. It's a good thing. The X factor that I never expected during this is the bottomless pit that is my stomach.

That is one of the reasons that I struggled last month. I barely got my 100 miles in, but my metabolism is still on the high of the previous 4 months. It's ridiculous. I am always hungry. I struggle with this on light and rest days still. I didn't gain any weight last month, in fact I lost 2 pounds, but mentally I felt like I gained 5 because I didn't get that extra mileage in. That mental game is a Bitch!

I don't watch Kelly and Michael, but I happened to catch the beginning this morning. I would have normally changed the channel to ESPN, but they had people that finished the NYC Marathon the day before in the audience. They held my attention.

Running a marathon is on Kelly's bucketlist. She thinks about it every year, but it's such a "Mental Game" that she isn't sure she can handle it. OMG is she right! If you are not fully committed and believe that you can to it, then you won't be able to. It's going to be a long long day....and I can't wait!

Have a Blessed Evening.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):


http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts