OCD Stress



Hi Bleeps!

It’s been a few days and I have so much to write about. I am way behind. Perhaps I will sit and write out a bunch of posts on Tuesday. I must keep Ms. Amy happy :-)

So this week is going to be a bit of a challenge. We are less than 3 weeks from the race and my schedule is changing up for a couple of days this week. Basically I need to get in one last Big distance tomorrow and then I can taper down for the rest of my time. But, two clients rescheduled and I am meeting with them tomorrow. So that means my distance is between clients.

Routine is good for me. It’s good for my training, but I have to be prepared for the unexpected. I have been going to the same park 3 times a week for a couple of months. It’s a great flat loop for me, but I get used to it. So this week I switched and went the opposite direction. It may not seem like much, but to the OCDer it was stressful. But, I did it. And then yesterday I went to a completely different park. I had been there a couple of times before, but I needed to do something different.

I am familiar with the Half Marathon course for the race. I feel good about that. I have no idea where the other half is. I have seen maps, but I have not done it. That is starting to stress me out.  It is not a normal stress. It is an OCD stress. I wanted to go visit and check it out over Thanksgiving, but I am not going to the beach this time. I am sad. I will miss Sunrise Club, but I just can’t do that extra driving when I will be coming right back the next weekend. My legs need the break.

So previously the Half and the Full were on the same course for the first 9 miles. Then the Full broke off and came back and joined at mile 22 for the last 4 miles. I was good with this. Now it breaks off around mile 3. And joins back at mile 16. Part of me is glad that I am familiar with the last 10 miles. That will make it easier, but that also makes those other 13 a little rough for me. For previous races I have been surrounded by people most of the way. Now I am a little worried about the loneliness. I have been training by myself for so long that it shouldn’t be a problem, but I am a little worried about the mental stress of knowing that so many people are faster than me. That is a mental beat down that I could live without. I am already worried that there won’t be people there to celebrate at the finish line.

The good news is that this particular race has a great Facebook page and I have met lots of other people that are in my shoes. We don’t know each other. We haven’t trained with each other, but we know we will be out there with each other.

It is crunch time people. I can’t believe it’s so close.  And now I must close down. I am reading Divergent and I can’t put it down. We’re lucky I could break away long enough to write. You’re welcome Amy.  Just kidding. I missed Y’all.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to checkhttp://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts