Random Wednesday: Scale, Mashed Potatoes, and Socks



Happy Random Wednesday!

So yesterday was a good good day. There was a new middle number on the scale! Woo Woo! I haven’t seen it for a long time. Let us celebrate!

*****

It’s holiday time at Starbucks. That can mean only one thing: Cranberry Bliss bars….oh baby!  I haven’t had one yet, but I don’t know how much longer I can hold out.

*****

Yesterday we made our Girls on the Run girls go outside for their practice run. I think they hate me now. Haha. I ran in a t shirt and leggings. They walked bundled up like they were expecting a blizzard.

*****

The other night I met Ms. Amy for dinner. We picked Carrabbas. I love their wood grilled chicken. I asked what the vegetables and the soup of the day were. The answer: Broccoli and tomato basil soup. Oh you had me at Tomato basil. I might have gotten the veggies if it was more festive, but I couldn’t say no to garlic mashed potatoes. Mmm….mashed potatoes.
I made sure to keep half for leftovers. It’s even better the next day.

*****

Well it happened. I am finally on Pinterest. I resisted for a long time. My page is full of workouts, motivational quotes, and healthy recipes. Feel free to follow me :-)

http://www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit/

*****

Monday was to be my last big distance before my race. I wanted 18 miles, but I would be happy with 15. I was having a hard time getting into it. I wanted it to be outside at the park, but it was cold and raining. Now normally I would go anyway, but I woke up congested and decided the gym it would be. 

I was on mile 2 when I felt a blister forming on the bottom of my foot. On mile three I took off my sneaker to see how bad it was. Did I need to stop?

There was a hole in my sock. A HOLE IN MY SOCK. My foot had been rubbing against my sneaker. Luckily I always keep an extra pair in my car. So I ran to my car for them. I pushed it for 15 miles. I was mad that I didn’t get 18, but my foot started to go numb. I couldn’t risk injury.

I stopped at Chick-fil-a after for lunch. I went through the drive thru to bring it home. It’s a five minute drive. That was Monday. I still smell it 2 days later. BAH. That’s why I have a NO EATING IN MY CAR rule.

*****

I have been craving popcorn and m&m’s.

*****

The Nascar Season is over. The drivers will be taking some time off. I failed miserably. I live 1 miles from Tony Stewart's Garage and I never once stalked him. haha. I'm still hoping to run into him at Subway sometime....a girl can dream. Hey Tony Stewart, CALL ME!

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to checkhttp://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts