Random Wednesday: Cookies, Savannah, and Dolphins

Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

Seriously, is it April Fool's and no one told me? Snow...I left Syracuse many years ago, but it doesn't feel like it.

*****

Last night I was in a pissy mood. I had a stressful day and so I ran 5 miles and then came home to watch Sex and the City and drink some wine. It was very needed.

*****

Um...I thought Girl Scout Cookie time was over...I thought I survived. And then I saw them when I made a potty stop on my way up to visit Ms. Carol and the girls last Friday.

Head down. Avoid eye contact. Do not look directly at the cuteness. RUN!

*****

I forgot to tell you about the BBQ place I heard about. I saw an article about what was declared as THE BEST BBQ place in the country.  It's in Texas. ROAD TRIP!  They open at 11am and people start lining up at 6am. A 5 hour wait? THIS I MUST TASTE!

*****

Ms. Carol made coconut chicken this weekend...OMG!  It was heaven...two of my favorite things combined!

*****

Today I went to lunch at Wegmans with Former Fitness Challenge Arch Nemesis Ryan. I hit up the vegetarian bar. I stocked up on green beans, zucchini, and asparagus. And I did not get a Black & White cookie at the register like I really wanted to. REALLY wanted to.

*****

One of Miss Olivia's treats this weekend was mini oreos. She offered to share them with me. When a 2 year old offers to share her treats you take them. It doesn't matter if you gave up sugar. Moments like that don't happen often. (I only ate a couple...they were tiny!)

*****

I have 4 official work days left. FOUR and then it's time to move on to pursuing my dream.

*****

Y'all know how much I want to run the Savannah race. Well I have been in touch with a group to run for them so hopefully soon I will be fundraising for my Savannah race. Woo Woo!

*****

Back in the day the Former Fat Girl fell in love with a pair of knee-high leather boots. She couldn't zip them over her calves, but she bought them anyway. The secret: She wore them under jeans and only zipped them up 3 inches. Then about 5 years ago she found a pair of wide calf boots and she was super excited. They were stretchy...the only wide calf that could zip.

Today she happily wears a pair of REGULAR knee high boots...with room to spare. HOLLA!

*****

Yesterday I went to lunch with my friend Tom. We used to work together many moons ago and we used to get together for lunch regularly. It's been a while. We met at the mall so that we would have many options. I got a little nervous, but I was happy that we both selected the make your own salad place. My six toppings: tomatoes, roasted red peppers, chick peas, feta cheese, cucumbers, and carrots with a balsamic vinaigrette. YUM.

*****

And the Cruise countdown is ON!  38 days!  I'm considering going tanning so that I don't blind the captain with my white legs. We have booked our excursions. Honestly, I would be happy just laying on a beach during our 3 island days, but then I saw the greatest thing ever...Swimming with the Dolphins. I HAVE to do this. I NEED to do this. I am booked to do this!  I literally had tears in my eyes when I got the text that it was booked. I was THAT excited.

2014 is certainly my year!  Full Marathon planned. Moving back to NC. Becoming a Full-time Personal Trainer. Going on a Cruise. Swimming with the Dolphins.  Maybe, just maybe Tony Stewart will call too and make it complete!

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts