No Sugar Day 26...

No Sugar Day 26...

So the good news is that it really is getting easier to say no. It doesn't mean that the temptation isn't there. But, the urges are not as...well as urgent.

Saturday I spent with Ms. Bibble and her daughter. We went for a mani/pedi and then out to lunch. It ended up being a late lunch at Outback. We split a small Aussie Fries (cheese fries with bacon) and I got a cheeseburger with soup. It wasn't the healthiest of meals, but it was too early for a steak for me and I can't go to Outback and not get meat.  Plus I did a LOT of weights this week and I tend to crave that after. And it was also counting as dinner too. The dessert menu sat next to me. I could see the ice cream sundae picture on the top staring at me throughout our whole meal.

Secretly I was hoping that when the waitress asked if we wanted dessert everyone else would say yes. They did not. It's okay though. I already blew my calories.

We ran some more errands and then went to Starbucks on the way home. I wanted a cookie, but no, I ordered a hot chocolate instead. That was my sugar for the day. It's high in sugar, but I wanted something warm. It was too late for coffee or I would be up all night.

The next day I went to Starbucks after church to read for a little while.

No one is with me. I can get a cookie and no one has to know!

I ordered a tall flavored coffee. There was no need for a cookie. It was cold and rainy outside. Every time the door opened I got cold. I didn't last too long. I took my drank and headed home to curl up under my blanket and read. I left without getting a treat to eat.

I'm not perfect with this, but I'm consuming WAY less sugar than previously. My body is adjusting. It's craving it less (unless it's in my face). It's looking better. It's feeling better.

We are less than 5 weeks out from the cruise and then birthday month. I am a little worried. I don't want all of my hard work cleansing my system from this to be sabotaged. I think my plan will need to be all fruit treats until the last night. And then I can have something then. That's also my rule for alcohol for the trip (except for the obligatory Pina Colada send off when we leave Port).

I have faith in myself. I do. I've done really well all things considered. Most of my strategy the last couple weeks has been to just plain remove myself from the path of temptation. The less I am around it, the less I think about it.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts