Random Wednesday: I suck at being Sick

It's Random Wednesday Woo Woo!

Okay so I've got a cold....grr...and if there's anything we've learned it's that I am a terrible sick person. I am too impatient to get better. Saturday was a lovely day at Longwood Gardens and then Sunday I felt bad and Monday I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Nyquil was consumed. Sleep was had. I am back to a human again.

It irks me to no end that I can't workout when I'm sick. During my studies I learned that the general rule is if your belly is upset that's a no no, but if it's in the head then you can workout. Well I say know your body. If am coughing and can't catch my breath then I can't do cardio. I can do weights, but I don't really want to be touching things.   I was all set to go to the gym for a light walk tonight, but then I had a stuffed nose all day. Foiled again.

I can't risk setbacks...and so I came home.

*****

I feel like I am in Subway Mania. I've had Subway for the past three days. I stopped on my way home the last two nights because I have overdosed on soup and I didn't feel like cooking anything.  And then today I had lunch plans and Subway was selected. I should get a paid endorsement.

*****

Many people have been asking me lately on my thoughts on The Biggest Loser Finale. I hope to write my recap tomorrow and my thoughts this weekend.

*****

So yes, I've been sick...and the Daytona 500 was red flagged for 6 hours. By the time it started again I was passing out. So I didn't really get to see Tony Stewart much on Sunday...but my brother did. He was kind enough to text me a photo of Tony Stewart in the back of the truck in front of him during Driver Introductions...#Jealous

Hey Tony Stewart, CALL ME!

*****

Tomorrow is a day off for me. Thank goodness. I took it because I needed a distance day BADLY before my race in two weeks. Between the snow and this dumb cold I'm pretty much toast. Oh I'll finish. I may be crawling across the finish line, but by golly I will do it.

At this point I don't know what I'll be like in the morning. I certainly can't get the 10-12 miles in that I was hoping for. I just have to see what my lungs will allow. I just have to be careful that I don't end up in worse shape. I would rather go in to the race fully prepared to walk the whole thing rested than risk being carted off with bronchitis.

*****

Old Navy is having a Jeans sale today!  I got a smaller pair without even trying them on...and they fit :-)

*****


I got my tax return! That means I can start shopping for Cruisewear!

Have a Blessed Night.

Pledges for Run for Autism can be made here:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA14


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts