My Third Polar Plunge is in the Books!

Hello Beautiful People,



Wow...what an amazing fun weekend. Once again I am far behind on posts that I want to do (still haven't watched The Biggest Loser), but that's ok. I was having a very good weekend.

I had my lovely day in Philadelphia on Thursday with my friend from college. Then I went down to the beach for Polar Plunge weekend. I need rest days after my weekends.

I will detail it later this week, but I just need to talk about Polar Plunge weekend a little. Being a part of this weekend is one of the things I am most proud of (this weekend raised $725,000). This was my third Polar Plunge. I signed up for my first one because Ms. Bibble said she would do the 5K with me that weekend if I did the plunge with her. I couldn't say no. Little did I know just what I was getting myself into.

For the third year, God has blessed us with some amazing weather. It was absolutely gorgeous this weekend. I nearly froze walking around Philadelphia on Thursday and today I was driving home with my air conditioning on.  It just made this weekend even better.

I will admit right now that if it was not for such a wonderful cause I am not sure that I would have done this more than once.  Being a part of raising so much money for such a wonderful cause is totally worth it. I call it it the weekend of a million smiles. You just can't help it. It's infectious. It's in the air.

This particular Polar Plunge benefits Delaware Special Olympics. I always get a little emotional. Getting to talk to and interact with these amazing athletes makes me very upset about the years I wasted. God gave me a beautiful and healthy body and I abused it for so long. I am being thanked for supporting Special Olympics by Athletes who struggle daily with their bodies and I just tossed mine aside like it didn't matter. It's so frustrating. I wish every day that I could go back and do it over again. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I hate how bad I let things get. I hate that I didn't believe enough in myself or my body.

If you would have asked the Former Fat Girl to do a Polar Plunge she would have laughed in your face. She would have made a donation, but she never ever ever EVER would have stripped down to a bathing suit and run in the ocean with 3000 people. She would have thrown up just thinking about it.   Fast forward to today and it's one of my favorite weekends of the year. I'm a lifer now. No matter where I am living, I will forever be a part of this weekend.

The difference between the Former Fat girl and the Fit Girl today is that she didn't do things because she didn't think she could and now I don't do them because I simply don't want to. Case in point: the former fat girl would have said No to jumping out of a plane because she didn't think her body was capable of it. Today, I simply have no desire to do it. Thank you, but no thank you.

Before I log off for the night, I would just like to throw this out there: We are looking for more Plungers for next year (shoot me an email at jhendersonfit@gmail.com). I promise you a WONDERFUL weekend. You will not be sorry. If you just want to get your feet wet I won't tell.

Have a Blessed Night

Pledges for the Polar Plunge for Delaware Special Olympics can be made here (it's still open):

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/2014-lewes-polar-bear-plunge-for-special-olympics

AND I have signed up for Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA14

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.
"

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts