Random Wednesday: Snow, Cookies, Snow, Cookies, and Snow

Random Wednesday is here again...

I love snow...but I really can't wait for next week to be in Florida. Normally I am happy when it snows, but these past couple of weeks have wreaked havoc on my schedule. It has kept me from my scheduled shopping days, which has pushed back my workouts. Bah.  I want SUN!!!

*****

This past weekend was WONDERFUL. I went up to the mountains to visit with Ms. Carol and the girls. I heart my time with the little ones, but it was nice to get away and have some girl time with Ms. Carol.

We went for a manicure and a pedicure. The special was a Candy Cane bathe pedicure. I'm intrigued....and I LOVE Candy Cane. The soak was peppermint and the scrub was a chocolate scent. It was lovely...and my feet smelled like chocolate for 24 hours. A little weird, but okay.

I also got a gel manicure. It was my first attempt at gel. I generally change my mind several times a week regarding what color I want to wear. But, I am traveling so much in the next week that I just wanted something to last. My nails are a pretty purple. They match my coach bag :-)

*****

Last week I finally treated myself to the Tiffany & Co. ring that I wanted for my birthday. I bought myself a Tiffany & Co. ring for my 30th birthday. Back then I was a size 8. Today, at 40, my fingers are much tinier. I got a size 5.5 Seriously, my fingers have shrunk 2.5 sizes. My fat finger is now a 6. What?  That's crazy. Love it, but crazy!  And honestly, my fingers are a little on the swollen side, so I might actually be a 5.

The ring that I got at 30 was the medium sized band. It was huge and heavy for me. This time I got the small one. I have delicate fingers now.

*****

Since the snow messed with my schedule I had to push back my scheduled workout from Monday. Instead, I opted to run to the mall to finish my shopping. I knew where I needed to go. I could knock this out in a couple hours.

Normally I plot out my shopping for the most efficient routes. This time, however, I went rogue. I took the long way around the mall to get a little extra cardio in.

*****

And speaking of snow, while I was in the mountains we got dumped on. A nice 8 inches of snow fell. Ms. Carol offered to help me dig out my car. I stayed inside with the girls while she took the first shift.  She did a great job and really all I had to do was clear off my car. Sounds easy. Pushing 8 inches of snow off of my car was a great arm workout. And shoulder. My daily routine does not include lifting my arms over my head and pushing. It was a nice workout.

*****

Had to bust out my belt this past week. YEAH!  Two pairs of my jeans are in need of a belt. I'll take it!

*****

The big event of the weekend was cookie baking. We kept it to gingerbread and sugar. Basically, we were focusing on the decorations. I don't love all gingerbread so this worked for me. I wasn't really tempted to eat them. I did share one with Miss Olivia, but that's all. The sugar cookies though, dang...they were much harder to resist. I had 3. I'll call that a win.

*****

And speaking of cookies....OMG they are popping up everywhere at work. HELP! I have been very good and not had any, but it gets harder every day to resist.

*****

Before I went away for the weekend I had my long awaited massage...oh I needed it. It was lovely. And I got a massage from another location as a Christmas gift. YEAH!  Get in there and knead that muscle. Don't be afraid to dig deep!


*****

This past month has been crazy busy. It has also included travel. I haven't always been in charge of what food is available to me. The key has been portion control.  BIG KEY.

*****


I got my first flat tire yesterday. It stressed me. I bought a pack of oreos. ARGH. SO mad at myself. Why should I be so proud of not eating the cookies at work if I'm going to cave at Target?


*****

Ms. Carol's husband got her a treat from Sam's Club. He got a box of Gevalia Mocha Latte Keurig cups. They happened to have peppermint syrup. I enjoyed Peppermint Mocha Lattes all weekend. So much so that I went on a search for them. I found them at Target. I don't have a Keurig, but there is one at work and almost everyone I visit has them. YEAH!  Plus, only 80 calories.

*****

On the way back from the mountains I met former Work Husband Phil and his lovely Bride Jen for dinner...at CRACKER BARREL!  HOLLA!  Eggs in a basket!  I was a happy camper.
 
*****

So I signed up for the Polar Plunge again. I love this weekend so much. Being around all of the Special Olympics athletes that benefit from the Plunge warms my heart. If you wish to give me a Christmas present please consider donating to this wonderful cause for me:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/2014-lewes-polar-bear-plunge-for-special-olympics

Have a Blessed Night.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts