Tomorrow is Carb Loading Day! The Greatest of ALL Days

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I still have not gotten to watch The Biggest Loser. I'll try to do that this weekend.

So we are two days away from the next Half Marathon. It's been two years since my first one. What an amazing two years.

Tomorrow I am working from home until noon and then heading down to the beach to pick up my packet. Tomorrow begins my favorite parts of the weekend...CARB LOADING! I want to carb load EVERY day. I love the Rock'n'Roll races, but they do not put on a post race spread like Rehoboth...HOLLA!  Mac'n'cheese. Burgers. Pancakes. All of my favorites.  NOW I'm excited!

I'm excited to test and push myself again, but I'll be honest. I'm looking forward to it being over and I can relax. My body is TIRED. I have had the hardest time getting up the last couple of days.  And I didn't even workout the past two days.

I was nervous about taking two days off this week, but my body needs the rest. BADLY. I'm no good Saturday if I'm exhausted.  I needed this rest for another reason. It wouldn't be race time without an injury. GAH!  Why can't I have ONE without one???  My Achilles tendon has been bothering me for a few weeks. I don't always feel it, but with all of the additional mileage I am putting on in my car and on my feet it's not going away. Grrr

It felt super tender on Monday during my massage. It was really bothering me today, but it wasn't as tender during the massage tonight.  I did some exercises to help it so hopefully that help.

So now I have my new compression running socks on and my feet are up.

Oh crap. Gotta go. Scandal is on!

Have a Blessed Night

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts