Ho Ho Ho It's Random Wednesday!

Ho Ho Ho It's Random Wednesday!

Today was mammogram day at work. Gotta love when they come to you.  And so I went and had my yearly today. Nothing like whipping off your shirt in a conference room. haha. It was the same lady from last year and she was very nice. She squashed my boobs and was able to tell me that nothing abnormal showed up. But, it still needs to be compared to last year. I'm good with that.

I did feel bad because it's bagel day and I accidentally had a jalapeno bagel. I meant to take mouthwash with me to the ladies room, but I forgot. Oops.
*****

So last night I met a friend for dinner so I missed Biggest Loser. I will have to watch it On Demand. So don't anyone say what happened. Please.

*****

Do you remember how excited I was for my new jeans?  Well I must have still been bloated from Thanksgiving when I tried them on. They are loose. I had considered ordering a new smaller pair on Cyber Monday, but I decided to hold off. One of two things are going to happen: I am either going to continue to lose weight or once the race is over I may actually gain a couple pounds back if I'm not running so much. So I shall buy a belt and wait until after Christmas. Plus, I have a Florida trip to pay for.

*****

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I went to visit Ms. Bibble because she had broken her ankle. Well things weren't healing properly and she ended up back in the hospital right before Thanksgiving. She was later transferred to another hospital and had surgery yesterday to replace the screws.

I cannot even begin to imagine what she's going through. The physical pain. The emotional pain.  She is a trooper though and I am so proud of her.

Right now my life is sooooooo active. If I had a setback such as a broken ankle or worse I just don't know what I would do. The Former Fat Girl would have almost enjoyed it. It would have been the perfect excuse not to be active and of course the perfect excuse for treats.

*****

Monday night I went to the gym figuring on a light upper body workout and a massage. I needed to at least walk a mile on the treadmill to loosen up my legs, but that's all I had planned to do on it.

The gym was packed!  I guess a lot of people were making up for Thanksgiving. The treadmills were available, but the machines and mats were all taken. And so after my mile I stalked one ab machine and then called it a night. Honestly, I was still tired from the weekend. And so I got my massage.

When it was running over my calves I practically leapt off of the table. They were soooooo tender. :-(  I hope they are better by Saturday.

*****

I was talking with someone about online dating recently. He asked if I was on any sites. I said no. He said it's interesting, but the rejections are hard to take. Doesn't matter who you are, there will be online rejections.

It doesn't appeal to me, but yeah, that's something I don't want to deal with. That's an emotional trigger to eat for me. Plus, I get upset when I lose a twitter follower so I'll pass thanks.
*****

Alright so last night when we met for dinner I selected Rock Bottom Brewery. I picked it because we could watch the Syracuse hoops game and....well they have those Soft Pretzels that I dream about. So you can imagine my joy when the arrived at the table!  It was an appetizer night. We ordered the soft pretzels and the mini pork tacos that I liked last time.

That's right. I had a soft pretzel for dinner!  Now in all fairness, it was to be a carb load for a distance night for tonight. Things changed on that front though.

*****

I am going to lose my mind. Everywhere I turn I see Peppermint bark!

*****

So the forecast for this weekend ain't so hot. In fact, Friday is supposed to rain all day. And then Saturday is cold with showers. Not cool.  And the bigger problem is that I just bought new sneakers for the race...and well half of it is on a trail..that means mud. I could wear an older pair, but I want to make sure I have traction on the wet asphalt.

Who wants to buy me new sneakers after Saturday?

*****

My right quad has been bothering me. And I figured it out that it's all of the running and driving. argh. I need a driver.

*****

When we were deciding where to meet last night it was suggested that I wait by a certain mall entrance.  There just happens to be a Gertrude Hawk store there. Seriously? You're gonna make me wait by a chocolate store?

When we were leaving my friend bought me some chocolate. We got a couple pieces of dark chocolate salted caramels to split. MARRY ME!  They were YUMMY!

I know that goes against my No Treats except that when a boy buys you your most favorite chocolate you eat it! Right there.  Two pieces. #Moderation

*****

So tonight's distance walk was cancelled. Instead a friend went with me to visit Ms. Bibble in the hospital. I am squeamish and it was not pretty. There are rods going through her leg in all sorts of directions. I seriously had to fight the urge to throw up at least 5 times. The leg looked better than it did before, but that doesn't mean I can handle it...or all of the medical talk. Ugh.  That was my workout tonight.

Ms. Bibble, I love you and you are doing so well!  You amaze me!


*****

Time to update your playlists! YEAH. I need something new. This is perfect timing.

Whatever your tastes, there should be something in here that'll make you want to break a sweat.
Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Gavin DeGraw - Best I Ever Had - 136 BPM
Demi Lovato - Neon Lights (Betty Who Remix) - 126 BPM
Zendaya - Replay (Riddler Remix) - 130 BPM
Zedd & Hayley Williams - Stay the Night (Henry Fong Remix) - 129 BPM
The Fray - Love Don't Die - 116 BPM
One Direction - Best Song Ever (Kat Krazy Remix) - 127 BPM
Eminem & Rihanna - The Monster - 111 BPM
Ellie Goulding - Burn (Magic Man Remix) - 87 BPM
Flo Rida - How I Feel - 128 BPM
Avicii - Wake Me Up (Avicii Speed Remix) - 126 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.


Have a Blessed Night.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973 

Comments

Popular Posts