160 miles down...1100 to go!

Happy Friday Bleeps,

Well the traveling has begun. I was up late last night packing, but I am ready for Florida. Holla!

 Right now I am in Virginia at Mom's. Tomorrow morning we have breakfast with my Aunt and Grandmom then we are on our way to North Carolina for the night.

My ride down here was SUCKY. The first 2 hours were fine and surprisingly traffic free. With about an hour to go my good knee, which happens to be my driving knee, locked up. It felt like an elephant was standing on it. I have a high pain threshold, but I was hurting. I actually heart myself yelling out in pain a couple times. Started to get a little nervous about the rest of the trip.

There is a section of the DC Beltway that is an express lane. I have an EZ pass, but have refused to use it to pay $1.90 for a couple of miles. Tonight there was no question. I was taking it. The funny thing is that as soon as I got on it the Rocky Theme Song came on. It took my mind off the pain for a little while. And yes, I bypassed a bunch of traffic. Still had to sit in more at my exit, but I think I saved about 10 minutes. $1.90 well spent. I did bring my ice pack for my knee after our day in Disneyworld. Oh and I brought a pedometer. I want to know just how much we walk that day.

I think I'll be fine, I've just been driving so much that it needs a break. And so they are up and elevated right now.

My travel plans for the day included drinking as much water as I could. While I was at work this morning my focus was hydration. I also made sure to eat my lunch before I got on the road.  I stopped and met Heather at Starbucks when I got on my way. I really REALLY wanted a Cranberry Bliss bar, but I opted for a non-skinny drink. I got a white chocolate peppermint Mocha...oh yeah. Better and than a cranberry bliss bar...well not really, but that's ok.

 Tomorrow we have carrots and pretzels for snacks. The plan is to stop at Subway for lunch. Lots of water will be consumed...it will take longer with potty stops, but that's okay. No one needs to be bloated when we get there. Haven't seen my friends in a year, I wants to look good!

Sunday's travel plans include a stop in Savannah...has not been determined if it's for BBQ or not...although I say YES!

Okay kids, it's late and I didn't get too much sleep last night. I gotta get some Z's. Plus this was starting to get rambly.

Have a Blessed Night.

Don't forget my Polar Plunge for Special Olympics

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/2014-lewes-polar-bear-plunge-for-special-olympics 


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts