The Sugar Addict vs. Easter Chocolate

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

So what do you get when you mix a sugar addict and Easter? The answer: a crazy person!

I was doing so well. I was so proud. I was avoiding the Easter candy everywhere I went. Sometimes that meant not actually going grocery shopping, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I did buy one of the Twix eggs and a cadbury egg to have on Easter. I am allowed a treat. I just need to be careful. Once I get the taste of sugar I tend to want more. There is no "well maybe just one". That's a load of crap. That NEVER happens.

I had done a very good job purging my system. I didn't crave it all of the time. I did, however, crave it when I was stressed.  Unfortunately, there was a lot of that going on. I'll go over that a little later.

So what happens when you've purged your system of sugar, you're stressed, and it's Easter? When there is Easter Chocolate everywhere you eat it. It may just be a piece here and there. A couple of M&M's. A small bite sized bunny. A chocolate covered marshmallow. In the grand scheme of things, you still haven't eaten as much as the Former Fat Girl consumed on a daily basis. But, when it's been out of your system then not only do you get a sugar high and crash, you also get a very upset belly..with a headache.

It took all of Monday to recover. No more sugar!

Today I went to the gym and needed to stop at Wal-Mart afterwards. I stayed on the side away from the Easter display on purpose. I knew that I wouldn't make it out of there if I walked over that way. Crap! I want to get card to send a picture to Miss Olivia and that's just past the Easter section.

Okay, I can just get a card at Hallmark...they have chocolate too. 

No place is safe! 

I will be strong!

Here I go.

What the heck? I don't see any Easter stuff. It's all Summer stuff. The Former Fat Girl is very upset. 

Wait, what is that aisle????  Cookies'n'Creme bunnies for $0.50....damn it I am weak!  

I bought 1.
 
This battle sucks, but I am determined to win. Even if it kills me.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts