Sunday, April 20, 2014

Stomach Virus 1 - Jennie 0

Happy Easter Beautiful People,

Well it's been quite a week lots to tell you about, but right now I'm going to focus on one thing. It's been a little while since my last post because I was sick. I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend up in the mountains with Ms. Carol and the girls, but they sent me home with a parting gift.

On my first first night there little Miss Sophia was up sick all night. On Saturday night Miss Olivia was sick. It was awful. Aunt Jennie cried. I can't stand to see my girls so sick and sad. We were sitting on the couch with Miss Sophia when Miss Olivia promptly said "Aunt Jennie I don't feel good." And out it came.

Ms. Carol came in and I ran to get a bucket in case there is more. They met me halfway and it was needed. My poor girl. She was very upset and needed to get out of her clothes and get a bath. While I was helping her undress she leaned on me for support...her hand in my hair (Aunt Jennie needs a shower now too). It was a long night and very hard to sleep. But, first thing the next morning a fresh faced little girl ran into my room to tell me to wake up, get dressed, and play with her. She was feeling better and we were all relieved. However, we would be taking it easy.

It was hard to leave on Monday, but I had plans. I will tell you more about the fun times with the girls later. In the meantime I was meeting Ms. Liz and Mr. Jim for lunch before picking up Ms. Bibble and Miss Sarah Jo to head to the beach for a few days.

I met Ms. Liz and Mr. Jim at Chipotle. I had only been there once before and I didn't love it. I know that shocks people, but I was willing to give it a second chance. I got a salad with minimum rice and beans. I had a lot of driving. I couldn't be worried about the beans. We had a nice time and then I was off I had to pick up my peeps.

According to Miss Sarah Jo we were going on a 3 day 2 night excursion to my dad's at the beach. He would not be there and we would have the house to ourselves. PARTY!  Our plans: walk the boardwalk, shop the outlets, watch Frozen, and eat out.

I was starving when we rolled into town so we went to Dos Locos. It's a nice local Mexican place that has lots of seafood options. Not my thing, but I could find something I would like. I ended up ordering the steak tacos. There were just two and it was really steak, pico de gallo, cheese, and a slice of avocado. I could deal with that. I had been nervous about a two mexican meal day, but this didn't seem bad.

The minute I finished it I felt sick. I excused myself and went to the ladies room. Now I've mentioned before that I have a very acute sense of smell and the restrooms were located close to the kitchen. So I could smell the fish in there and it wasn't helping. I made my way outside for fresh air and felt better immediately. Thank goodness.

The ride to the house was hard. I felt sick. I felt better. I felt sick. I felt better. When we got in I unloaded and crashed on the couch. My belly felt huge and uncomfortable. Luckily it wasn't too long until I got sick. I may never have Mexican again. *Insert sad face*

I knew from the girls that they got sick all night so I wasn't looking forward to it, although not to be gross or anything, but I am fairly certain I threw up everything in my belly in one shot. I did wake up feeling very sick in the middle of the night and spent about an hour laying on the cool tiles in the bathroom hoping for relief. Nothing came.

The next day I was a blob on the couch. I had no energy to do anything. I felt horrible. Luckily it was like a monsoon and we wouldn't have left the house anyway. We did introduce Miss Sarah Jo to Dukes of Hazzard. That almost made being sick worth it. Love me some Luke Duke.  I was also able to eat two pieces of bread, a waffle, and a fruit popcicle. It was a big day. I also slept most of it. I did however, wake up to watch Frozen. Cute.

The next day was a beautiful day. It was cold and windy, but the sun was shining. I felt better, but I still didn't feel 100%. My belly was still upset and I had horrible pains in it. I didn't want anything to touch it. But, I would suck it up and make sure that my gals had a good day. The first stop: Grotto's pizza. Kill me.  I knew it would not be good for my belly, but I also knew there was a very good chance that the minute I would smell it and want some.

I ordered grilled cheese and was surprised that the pizza did not entice me at all. I know I'm still sick. GAH!  I did get a kiddie sized coconut gelato too. The rest of the day was fun. It was exhausting though. I wasn't feeling great and I was out of energy, but we promised Miss Sarah Jo fun. We hit up a bunch of the outlets and then needed to get on the road to go home. But, it was dinner time. Honestly, the only thing I felt like was a soft pretzel. Every other option felt like it would be too rough. I had a 3 hour drive home. I didn't want to risk needing to pull over. And so that's what I had.

I think we all know that I hate being sick. I am not a good patient.  This was no exception. I hated not eating. I hated not exercising. OH that hurt. I had planned on a big workout Tuesday morning, but that didn't happen. I hated laying around. I didn't even have the energy to read. I have so many things to do. If I'm going to be laying around then I need to at least be getting things done. Argh.

All I kept thinking about was how the Former Fat Girl would have reacted. She would have relished laying around. It's the perfect excuse not to do anything. She would have also hoped that miraculously this would be the cure to the belly. Being sick would mean she would get thinner. While I am sure I did lose a pound or two, my belly is still here.

One of the issues I had was that I was drinking ginger ale to ease the belly and not enough water. So on top of everything else I was getting dehydrated too. Grr. I was not in my right state of mind all week. Honestly, I felt sick until Friday afternoon.  That's when I got my appetite back too...when we happened to stop at a McDonald's for a potty stop. I got a hamburger. WHAT?  I mean I was happy to feel better and be hungry, but ticked that I reacted that way.

I hate being sick.

Have a Blessed Night

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973 

No comments:

Post a Comment