Spending the weekend with Miss Olivia

Happy Friday Beautiful People,

Well I am here. I am visiting Ms. Carol and the girls for a few days. Miss Olivia had a lot of plans for us on day one and wiped me out last night. It probably didn't help that I started the day with a big workout before I drove up. I did stop for my free Starbucks rewards drink on my way up though.

Shh...she's napping right now and thinks I am too. It's been almost two hours so I may not finish this until later tonight.  I promised her that she could come wake me up from my 'nap' so the minute I hear her I have to sneak upstairs. I probably should be sleeping because she has more plans for us this afternoon.

I need to be careful though. Ever since I pulled my knee in yoga on Saturday it's felt a little tight. The rain today probably isn't helping...or the running I've been doing.   Grr.  I probably shouldn't play airplane so much, but darn it I just can't say No to that face.

I should be napping right now, but it's difficult to adjust to other people's schedules when you have one so set. Sleeping. Eating. it's all off. I'm trying to do what I can to stay a little in control. Otherwise I tend to not make the best decisions.  So I am not napping because I needed to eat some lunch and I need to be able to go to sleep on time tonight.  Part of the afternoon plans are to go to the local coffee shop and I don't usually like caffeine after 2pm. So I need to counteract it with absolute exhaustion tonight. I'm thinking that won't be a problem.  We are also going to the local bakery for a treat so I HAD to have a little lunch at my regular schedule.

uh oh...I hear movement...I shall need to finish this later....shhh...

*****

Okay fast forward to Saturday. Clearly this girl is wiping me out. haha.

My little BFF woke up and we headed out to the coffee shop. Luckily they had baked goods because the bakery was closed. Uh oh. Don't mess with a little girl and the promise of a cupcake. We were saved by a frosted cookie with sprinkles.

I have a confession to make. I like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts coffees, but I only drink fancy ones. I don't actually like the taste of coffee. There better be mocha or caramel or something sweet in it to make me drink it. So going to the coffee shop was stepping out of my comfort zone. Ms. Carol loves their bubble iced tea. It's Iced Tea with little flavor bubbles in it. I tasted it and it was good, but I didn't like the texture of the little bubbles. I applaud the flavor burst though.

I settled on a marble mocha macchiato. There was white chocolate mocha and dark chocolate drizzle. I got a small and it was heavenly. Very rich so I was able to savor it. I was a little nervous because it was a little late in the day, but I was lounging in that comfy chair and not truly waking up.  So I wasn't worried.

Then we went to K-Mart to get a new pair of rain boots and an umbrella for my little girlfriend. We walked in to a giant display of Easter chocolate...Lord grant me the strength...

We ended up ordering a cheese pizza to go from Little Caesars and did our shopping while it was in the oven. I didn't get any chocolate!  We also didn't find any rain boots in Miss Olivia's size. We did find a whole bunch of Spring/Easter dresses. O.M.G. I love looking at them. I wanted to buy every one of them for the girls. I found an adorable one on sale for $8. I may have to go back and get it. It was hard though, it was rainy and cold yesterday. Hard to think about dresses.

We got a sticker book and headed out. While Ms. Carol was picking up the pizza I found some Karma bracelets in the machines at the door. For a mere $0.75 I would find out my fate. It ate my money. So my fate is doomed. Frankly my secret fear is being marked by grifters on the cruise (ha joke is on you buddy as I ain't rich!). So now we know...I have reason to worry. haha.

When we came home we set up a picnic blanket on the floor and had hummus and veggies while before our pizza. One slice each. So at least we made it better. Plus, I gotta tell ya, when a little girl is sitting there and asks in her sweet little voice "Aunt Jennie do you want to eat hummus with me?" You always say yes.

The downside is that my knee was really swollen and sore last night. Luckily Miss Olivia understood and kept asking if I felt better. She's so sweet. I did feel better when I had my leg up and resting. It feels a little better today, but still not 100%.

So as I finish writing this all of the little ones are down for a nap. So it's time for me to grab some lunch and relax a little. Miss Olivia wants to spend the afternoon blowing bubbles outside. I'm not talking for 5 minutes. We'll be out there for hours. :-)


Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts