Beginning the Next Phase of my Life

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Well we are on day 3 of Freedom!  Freedom from the chains of a desk. YEAH!  Oh seriously, you have no idea how long I have wanted to do this. I realized a few years ago that was not meant to sit behind a desk any more. I needed to be up and moving around. Sitting behind the desk was dangerous for me. Easier to stay seated. Easier to snack. Easier to make excuses not to do anything.

One of the things that I have heard repeatedly the past few months is that people are excited that I'm following the path of something I love. Do you know how rare it is for people to love their job? To find their passion? For the past few years I have been sitting at work watching people get all worked up about issues or spending hours and hours outside of work doing work. I couldn't understand it. I don't want to be that invested in the corporate world any more. I want to help people. I also want to keep a balance between work and personal time.

There is something a little frustrating about not truly knowing my passion in life until many years after college. The interesting thing is that I am not alone. Aunt Kathy and Ms. Bibble are in the same boat. Both of these ladies went back to school for careers in the medical field. It is a passion for both and a far cry from the first career path.  I can't wait to not dread getting in my car to go to work every day. I can't wait to leap out of bed because I am doing something that I love.

One of my projects this weekend it to put together my schedule for the next month. I have a lot of places to go and things to do. I also need to figure out my workout schedule. If it's in my calendar I will do it. If things come up, I will need to work around it.

One of the things I have been trying to do is to make sure that I don't sleep in. I may wake up and lay in bed reading, but I don't want to sleep away my mornings. I want to keep to a schedule. I don't want to become a night owl. Although I have recognized that my body is tired. I have put it through a lot. I can allow it a rest day.  I have one scheduled for next week. haha. Actually I am not kidding. Monday is my rest day. I have a 5K at the crack of dawn on Sunday and a massage scheduled for Monday night. So Monday morning I sleep in. I can hardly wait.

I have decided that my full time job is to work out.  I want to be in top shape for my clients. I also want to look smashing for my cruise. The plans have been to get my workouts in first thing in the morning. For my big workouts, like this morning which included a long run and lots of weights, I get really hungry after. I sort of forgot about that since I usually workout at night. I felt like a bottomless pit. FEED ME!  OMG. I was hungry all day. And I as eating filling things. Kicking up my metabolism early in the day is a good thing. I just need to learn to control myself and eat properly. 

Welcome to the next phase of my life!


Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts