Cruise Anxiety: Free Food 24/7

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

We are within days of the Cruise. I'm pretty sure I could not be more excited. I also couldn't have more anxiety. No, I haven't been watching Titanic. Actually, truth be told I was a little nerd today and watched an episode of The Love Boat. HaHa.

No, what's got me all anxious is the food. The 24 hours of free food. We have to pay for our drinks, but our food is free. Buffet. Poolside food. Room Service. I am completely stressing about this.

The Former Fat Girl is ecstatic over this. I can feel her planning a takeover like Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  She is giddy like a school girl. I, however, am in a near panic. Someone recently told me that the average person gains a pound a day on cruises. I have no idea if this is true, but I wouldn't doubt it. So yeah, I was already stressing about the food, but that didn't help at all.

My plan for the Cruise from the beginning has been to make this a healthy and fit cruise. I am going to run on the jogging track. I am going to hit the fitness center. I am going to take a yoga class. I am not going to drink excessively as it bloats me and will make me not want to workout the next day. We have ordered a case of water bottles for our room. I have my workout clothes packed. It's my plan.

What I sort of forgot is how hungry I get after big workouts...hungry and free food everywhere. Now I'm a little more nervous.  I have checked out sample menus and I'm freaking out. The food looks incredible...as does the desserts. O.M.G....The desserts!  Every dinner has the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake with vanilla ice cream. Oh you know I sure as heck and going to try that.

One week from Monday we will be in Grand Turk. Our excursion includes tasting the local cuisine. I'm intrigued, but a lot is seafood.  So what happens if I don't find anything I like and then show up on the ship starving?  Free food all around!

I have a pretty intense workout schedule leading up to the Cruise. I had a great distance day yesterday. I have another planned later this week. I am going to hit the gym at the hotel Friday and then again before we leave for the ship Saturday morning.  I thought about just hitting the track as soon as we board the ship, but I don't know how hot it will be and how soon I will be able to get in the room to shower...so I will just plan on basking in the sun at that time.

That's my other concern though. I CANNOT get any burn...and I think we all know I will. My first exposure of the year and in the Caribbean...oh that's just a disaster. And I will get some color if it kills me. But, if I burn then I sure as heck won't feel like working out. If I can't sweat then  I can't workout.  If my lips are burnt then I will crave ice cream. That's just how it works.

I will say that my food plan going in is to make sure I get a hearty breakfast in every morning. I am hoping on lots of hitting up the fruits and salads at every meal. I am going in with good plans and intentions...I just have no idea how the Former Fat Girl is going to react.

So yes, I'm super excited...and a whole lot anxious.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts