Finding myself again in 2019 - Part 2

Hello Beautiful People,

I got a little behind this week. I was hoping to have this post done earlier. I've been half productive and half relaxing this week.

When last we spoke I was in DC for a delicious lunch.I have replicated it a couple of times since then and it's been heaven.

So the next day Mom and I drove to the mountains for a Wedding. The Bride was a teacher with mom. It was a small wedding in a beautiful little church. The heels held up. Hooray! Now it was off to the reception.

The drive was crazy. The clouds were so low on the mountains, but it was unbelievably picturesque.



The reception was at a winery.  It was GORGEOUS!  And the wine was delicious. I don't like a lot of wine, so when I find one that I really like it excites me.  I asked if we could buy a bottle and the answer was yes. YAY. I would really like to go back for more.


I wasn't sure what food awaited me and I really didn't plan ahead.  The reception was at 4 and I hadn't eaten since breakfast.  This was not my wisest move.  Did I mention that I liked the wine?



There were a bunch of appetizers to choose from, but alas most were not vegetarian friendly. Mom was in heaven because of the shrimp bar. I stalked the server with the bruschetta. It was so unbelievably delicious. I also hung close to the cheese and fruit platter. There was a little baked potato appetizer, but we believed there was bacon in it.







I had a second glass of wine and really needed to get some more food in my belly. STAT. So I was pretty happy when the dining room opened up.  We had the greatest seats. We were at the teacher table with several of moms friends. We were right by the window and the sunset was so magnificent that I don't even have words for it. Several of us ran out and had a very brief time frame to get the most beautiful pictures.












Shortly after the sunset it was time for dinner. What I had was delicious and everyone enjoyed the food. My options were a little limited though. We had a salad and then I had some asiago risotto and potatoes. There was also chicken and steak, but I didn't have that.  I did have some cake though. YAY.

The most exciting part of the night was that I danced. I mean I always dance, but I never took off the heels. I danced and danced and danced. YAY.  I got very nervous that my legs would cramp in the middle of the night, but they didn't.

Okay, I lied. The MOST exciting part of the night was that Mom danced!  It was glorious to see. Three months out from her new hip and it was like having my old mom back. Her recovery is going so well. It was the best thing that Santa could have brought us.

Santa did have another surprise though. On Christmas day I asked Aunt Carol who was going to the Redskins game on Sunday. The family has season tickets. She didn't think anyone had claimed them yet and I shot up my hand. They were hosting the Eagles for the last regular season game. There is a little history there. I have been banned from going to games for 16 years since I was invited down to a Monday Night Game against the Eagles.  So it was a Christmas Miracle that happened. I was given the tickets.  Uncle Barney came down to join me and it was so much fun. I could do a whole post about it, but I'm running out of time so I'll try to keep it to a few paragraphs. lol.

First thing to know: I was going to be COLD. When I originally looked at the forecast it was: RAINY and 40 Degrees. Well that's exciting. I didn't care. Although I panicked that I didn't buy the Eagles knit cap on Christmas Eve when I saw them. I didn't want to spend the money on something that I didn't think I would wear that much. It was fleece-lined and well I live in North Carolina. So I paid through the nose to have one delivered by Saturday. And then the tracking said it would arrive Monday. That set off my anxiety, but happily it arrived Sunday morning.  I had it delivered to Aunt Carol's because we were going to be away for the wedding. When I went to pick it up I also got a bin of some of Dad's things. In it was one of his Eagles jerseys. *I'm not going to cry*.

I wanted to wear it, but I already had 3 layers on. But, it fit over everything and I didn't quite feel like the Stay Puff Marshmallow man.

When we got to the stadium we hit up the hot chocolate pronto. And MAYBE it had some Bailey's in it. It was YUMMY. We decided to get something to eat before we went to our seats. Kick off was at 4:25, and well we are old so dinner it was. We got pizza and water.

The game was incredible. They won and it was glorious. It was also Cold, but I didn't feel it. I didn't care. I did care about my knees though and I got very nervous that all of the stairs that we went up would kill them. Happily they were fine. Double YAY!

I was happy to extend my stay another day, but that meant sacrificing my New Year's Eve plans at Carowinds. I would be driving back all day. I did allow myself a stop at Yoder's Market. It's an Amish market that makes me drool. I picked up a couple bags of lentils and ginger snaps. I was thinking of recipes the whole ride home. And something really kept bothering me. Proper food Storage. Does it keep you up too?

This Vegetarian journey will only be successful if I devote more time and effort into my meals. That means making things readily available. So I stopped at Target on my way home and picked up a bunch of nice new food storage containers. One of the things that I did this week was reorganize the pantry and throw out all of the old containers.  It felt good.

I was a little nervous about stepping on the scale when I got home. I was away for 11 days. While I didn't snack as much as I usually do and I ate pretty well, it was still 11 days out of my routine. So I was pleasantly surprised when I had only gained 1lb. And I was pretty sure that was water weight from the travel day.  I'm calling it a Win.

All in all I had a pretty great Christmas. There were sad moments, but it was way better than I could have imagined. So of course I live in total fear of the crash that is about to come. I didn't want to take down my tree, but I did. It took me 3 days in total, but now I'm depressed.  I had a plan though for survival of 2019.

First, I needed to delete the games on my phone. No more Candy Crush or Pet Rescue Saga. While I enjoyed every moment of it over the past few years, I needed to move on. I still love games, but the games on my phone now needed to challenge me. My brain needs exercising. Side Confession: I'm starting to worry about my memory. Word and strategy games only for this girl from now on.  If you play words with friends hit me up: Jennie5973

Second, I have been thinking about it for a long time, but I really needed to get back to reading the Bible Daily. So on January 1 I started my reading the Bible in a Year again. This time I'm doing it chronologically. I'm 13 days strong!

Third, I have promised myself time each day for personal reading and for knitting/crocheting.  I haven't really stuck to the knitting, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the reading part.

And fourth, I am going to try at least one new recipe a week.  I decided that I would do a blog post each week on my recipe challenges. I'm already a week behind so that should be coming soon.

I'm really working hard to find myself again this year and hopefully these strategies will help.

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts