My adventures in new recipes continue: Tales of #3 and #4


Hello Beautiful People,

I'm starting to get very stressed, but I am also being very productive trying to get a grasp on my life. I've been working really hard to carve out time for myself and stick to the goals that I made. I'm doing well with that, but I'm not quite blogging as much as I had hoped. I was hoping to at least do two posts a week. I'm a little behind on that. Please note that I have been diligent regarding my workouts, reading, knitting, decluttering, and recipes.

Speaking of recipes, I'm going to tell you about new recipe #3 and #4.

Recipe #3: Pesto Gnocchi

I saw the recipe in Keep Calm and Veg on and immediately put it on my list. I love pesto and I love gnocchi.  The recipe looked pretty simple. It also called for sun dried tomatoes and green beans. Simple and a small number of ingredients. What could go wrong?

The morning that I went shopping it was freezing. I mean freezing. I found everything for 3 recipes at the first grocery store that I went to, except for the gnocchi. GAH!  I see them every time I go shopping and think "Oh I should get those." and the one day I go for them I can't find them. So I stopped at a second store on my way home. It was even colder. But, I found a package as soon as I walked in. They had one package of plain and a bunch of basil flavored gnocchi. Since I would be adding pesto I just got the plain. The package was not the amount requested in the recipe so I would need to adjust.

For those of you who don't know, gnocchi is a soft dough dumpling made of potato. And it's simply fanstastic!  I did not do a great job with this recipe, but I will not be defeated. I have high hopes for the next time.

I bought fresh gnocchi and the recipe said to boil it. Mine just fell apart. I think the recipe was for frozen, but it didn't specify. I ended up sauteing it and was able to salvage it, but I may have put in too much pesto. I only got 2 servings, but I'm planning on making more next time. It was also recommended to me to look for gnocchi at Trader Joe's, so that's what I'll do.



Recipe #4: Tomato and Artichoke Pasta

This was another recipe that caught my eye right away in Keep Calm and Veg On. It also included sun dried tomatoes so it made sense to make them both. Also I really love artichokes.

The recipe called for olives and onions, but I don't love them so I skipped them. It also called for penne pasta, but I had whole wheat rotini. I almost forgot, I needed some arugala too. I couldn't find it on it's own, just in a mix with spinach. So I got that and picked it out.

I cooked the pasta and then I sauteed the whole meal. I also used some parmesan cheese on it. It was Yummy. I think I would like it as a cold side salad next time. And someone suggested I use feta cheese instead. I love feta so that sounds good.



They weren't perfect, but I'm still proud of them. I'll make them both again. I realized though that I don't love the actual sun dried tomatoes. I like them as a flavor, but I will definitely lover the quantity next time.

I've already made recipes #5 and #6. I can't wait to tell you about them. I'll give you a little teaser though: I made another soup.  YUM.


Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts