My updated response to: Do you feel any different since you gave up meat?

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I had an interesting conversation last week.

Let me preface by saying that I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has asked me if I feel any different since I gave up meat. I've always had the same response:

"Well I actually gave up red meat a long time ago and I definitely felt a difference when I would have it occasionally. I felt sick after. However, I had been eating chicken and turkey so I don't really feel much different now. My biggest issue is with not getting enough protein and therefore I am having two coffees a day if I have anything scheduled after 5pm. (I'll add that I feel like an old lady with that)."

So that was my standard response, but I have noticed something recently. I haven't been sick in a long time. I was sick in the fall for a little bit, but I didn't get sick over Thanksgiving or Christmas like I usually do. I didn't get sick when I came back to preschool to all of the runny noses and coughs. I mean I don't want to gross you out, but I can't even conceive of a number of times that I have wiped a runny nose in January. Seriously, I can't even guess. One day there were 10 within the first hour. *shudder*.

There are 3 possibilities: 1) I'm eating so many vegetables that I'm getting heavy doses of vitamins and minerals 2) The forced rest and time for myself that I have self imposed has made a difference 3) it's the chicken and turkey.

My response to 1: I ate so many fruits and vegetables before I gave up all meat that I don't think this would really be the answer. I have only recently started to truly experiment with new fruits and vegetables.

My response to 2: That didn't start until 2019 so that doesn't work....also, I'm exhausted so I'm not quite resting as much as I could.  *I'm actually on another self-imposed rest day from the gym since I'm wiped out from the weekend and my knee is sore from all of the activity.

My response to 3: I'm going to investigate. It may be coincidence, but it may not.



Ask me again how I feel since I gave up meat: I feel GREAT!

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts