Random Thursday: Cleveland, Soup, and Playlists



Hello Beautiful People,

Alright, this hasn’t quite been the start to 2015 that I had hoped for. For a little while I had been fighting off a bug. It seems to have been going around. Every day I planned on a post and every day either something came up or I was too exhausted to do anything.

I missed a bunch of Random Wednesdays, so today I declare Random Thursday!

Well I am sad. Starbucks is back to the plain white cups. And the Chestnut Prailine is gone. How depressing.

*****

So I mentioned before that I am signed up for the Marathon again in December. That’s not the only one in my future…say what?  Well here’s the scoop.

When I was at my brother’s over Christmas he mentioned wanting to run a marathon with me. In May there is the Pittsburgh and the Cleveland marathons. I looked at the dates and the courses and decided on the Cleveland race. It doesn’t conflict with Girls on the Run and it’s flatter than Pittsburgh. I did a little research and I can sign up with Run for Autism for it. I got the information and will be signing up this week. Just a little excited.

*****

I miss peppermint bark.

*****

Soup…oh how I love soup. I was with a client this weekend and we got to talking about soup. She was making some vegetable soup and sent me home with some the next session. It was delicious. That plus a sale on Panera Butternut Squash soup at Target and it was a delicious week. OMG I love that butternut squash soup.

I like to use soup as a way to get in my veggies. Just be careful of the sodium if you are buying it in the store.

*****

I have not lost my toenail yet. I am actually planning a post on it (it was supposed to be last Tuesday’s). My toenail is black and it is back to being super sensitive. Grrr…

*****

I officially signed up for Girls on the Run again. We start one month from tomorrow. HOLLA!  I miss my girls.

*****

You may have seen the commercials for the new Applebees Pub Diet Menu. Basically it’s a menu with several items that are under 600 calories. I went for dinner with Ms. Michele and her mom on New Year’s and we all got an item from it. I got the pepper steak and it was delicious. Ms. Michele got the salmon and her mom got the shrimp. All were happy.

*****

It’s the beginning of the year and that means that the gyms are packed...for a few weeks. With my schedule I go during the middle of the day so it hasn’t been that different. That’s been kind of nice. I did stop in on Saturday to fix and account issue and it was mobbed. It killed me not to go, but I was 
between clients and didn’t have enough time to get a full workout in. It was hard for me.

*****

I had a new client consultation on Monday and it made me cry. The woman has 4 teenage girls. One has been really sick for several years. She asked about group sessions. She is thinking that it would be nice for her and her daughter to have sessions together in the summer when her other girls are at their sports camps. This is why I do what I do.

*****

I have been craving a burger for days.

*****

So I really stink at stalking Tony Stewart. I would just like to point that out. My mom is afraid I will get in trouble. Haha. I am not a stalker. I pass by the Stewart-Haas Garage every single morning and I have not yet once stopped in for a tour. Basically, I need him to start stalking me. That’s pretty much the only way it’s going to work. Hey Tony Stewart, Stalk me!

*****

I am two months behind on the playlist posts. My bad. So here ya go:

December:

On the whole, the list makes for an easy way to reflect on the year that's passed, get acquainted with any songs you might have missed, and prep the perfect mix to kick off your first workout of 2015.
Here's the full list, according to votes placed on Run Hundred--the web's most heavily-trafficked workout music blog.

Cash Cash & Bebe Rexha - Take Me Home (Chainsmokers Remix Radio Edit) - 129 BPM
OneRepublic - Love Runs Out (Grabbitz Remix) - 124 BPM
Ariana Grande & Zedd - Break Free - 130 BPM
Maroon 5 - Maps - 120 BPM
Calvin Harris - Summer - 128 BPM
American Authors - Best Day of My Life (Gazzo Remix) - 125 BPM
Calvin Harris & John Newman - Blame - 128 BPM
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong - 121 BPM
Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Movin - 138 BPM
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - 160 BPM

January:

For most folks, the new year is a time for taking stock and making changes--mixing things that worked in the past with new approaches for the future. This month's top 10 list does a little of the same--blending veteran hitmakers with promising, newer acts. To that end, it might just be the perfect playlist for the new year and your next workout.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.

AC/DC - Play Ball - 119 BPM
Deadmau5 - Some Chords (Dillon Francis Remix) - 129 BPM
Penguin Prison - Calling Out - 124 BPM
Charli XCX - Break the Rules - 125 BPM
Wyclef Jean & Avicii - Divine Sorrow - 130 BPM
Mr. Probz, T.I. & Chris Brown - Waves (Robin Schulz Remix) - 120 BPM
Jessie J & 2 Chainz - Burnin' Up - 124 BPM
Alesso & Tove Lo - Heroes (We Could Be) - 126 BPM
Sheppard - Geronimo - 142 BPM
Ella Henderson - Ghost - 105 BPM

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest

www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts