Random Wednesday Cruise Style

Happy Cruisy Random Wednesday,

I hope you are enjoying my Cruise recaps. I love writing them. As detailed as I was with my notes I do remember things after I write them. And so there is no better time than Random Wednesday to include them :-)

*****

Is there such a thing as Post Cruise Depression?

*****

One of the best things I did on the Cruise was my laundry. They did have washers and dryers, but they were a tad expensive. I bought a small detergent at CVS in Miami and brought it with me. There was a clothes line in the shower. I hand washed my workout clothes and bathing suit. I sort of forgot to wash my socks and almost ran out of them.

*****

 I don't have too much to complain about for the trip. The only thing that really bothered me was the large amount of smokers. I tried to spend every waking moment outside and that's really the only place they were allowed to smoke. I could smell the smoke when I was on the jogging track. It sort of ruined the outside seating for breakfast so we ate inside by the windows.

*****

I will share with you the things that I packed that were incredibly helpful:

Chapstick with SPF
Suntan lotion SPF 30 (carried around in a ziploc bag)
Cocoa butter lotion
Protein bars for after workouts
more socks
Tampons (yep)
phone for alarm clock
Workout clothes
Journal and notebook
Running belt to carry my phone and cruise card


What I wish I had brought:

Snacks
Six pack of soda (could have saved on the Unlimited Bubbles price)
Yoga pants, I only brought jeans and one pair of yoga pants, but I got cold)
Spray bottle (I used it with water to cool down at the pool and beach)


What I bought that I used:

Case of water
Soda Cup (used for ice also)
Sweater

*****

The one thing that I forgot to buy on the ship was the rum cake to bring home...grr...

*****

So you know how excited I was to get my passport....I didn't even get a stamp in it. BOO...I still needed it to get back into the country, but no stamp.  Maybe Tony Stewart will finally call and take me away...

Hey Tony Stewart...CALL ME!

*****

The weirdest thing on the Ship was being able to watch regular TV like morning shows and basketball on TBS, but not being able to talk to my family.

*****

My knees were a little sore on the Ship. I know that it was due to a few things. First, I took the stairs whenever possible. Second, when I wasn't wearing my sneakers on the jogging track the only other thing I wore were flip flops. No support. Third, I logged distances every day.

*****

The swelling in my legs and feet is totally gone now. I weighed myself this morning and I was pound down from my Miami morning weigh in. Woo Woo!

*****

Before I go, it's that time again.  My playlists were are extremely important to me. They keep me moving. My body responds even when my mind is occupied.  Here is the monthly Workout Songs Playlist that was sent to me for May.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.

Skrillex - Recess - 105 BPM

Ellie Goulding - Beating Heart - 128 BPM

Christina Perri - Human (Passion Pit Remix) - 119 BPM

Naughty Boy & Sam Smith - La La La - 125 BPM

Ed Sheeran - Sing - 121 BPM

Shakira - Empire - 80 BPM

Mystery Skulls - Ghost (Solidisco Remix) - 124 BPM

Calvin Harris - Summer - 128 BPM

OneRepublic - Love Runs Out - 121 BPM

Childish Gambino - Sweatpants - 80 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts