Only 19 days till the Polar Plunge...I have to wear a bathing suit

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Wow so much to tell you about. I didn't make any official New Year's resolution this year, but I'm going to try much harder to make sure I get more blogging in. Perhaps I need to reserve a table at Starbucks regularly and just plan on going there. Hmm...not a bad idea actually.

So we are less than a month away from the Polar Plunge and I am super aware that I will be in a bathing suit in public soon...RUNNING in a bathing suit in public. Ugh.

My injury from the May marathon really depressed me. It made cardio practically impossible. I gained weight because I wasn't burning the calories. I hated wearing a bathing suit this summer (It was usually next to Ms. Caroline who has a body I would kill for) so that didn't help things at all mentally.

I have only recently felt like I'm safe to get back to my training. It's extremely humbling. I have finished 2 marathons and yet because I wasn't consistent since then I struggle with speed and distance. I just got a new pair of Brooks and I feel like the sneaker hunt is over. It's good for my feet, just hope my knees like them.

The plan is in place. I will not be in ideal shape, but I have an event to prep for so that has to be my focus.

I am constantly asked about my food strategies. I do not count calories, but I am aware of calorie intake. I still don't get how people can order things when they see some of the calories listed on menus.

Yesterday I had a bagel with nut butter and a banana for breakfast. Then I went to the gym for 4 miles. I burned some calories. For lunch I was meeting Ms. Amy at my most favorite place in the world: Zoe's Kitchen. I really really really wanted the chicken Pita Pizza. I was starving after the gym. But, I didn't know what I would be served for dinner so I had to be careful. Luckily I love just about everything on the menu. I opted for the delicious Chicken kabobs and side greek salad. No regrets!



So I didn't know what was for dinner because I would be eating at Room in the Inn at church. I never know what will be served. It's generally planned to be something that will fill bellies. We have been getting a lot more vegetables lately, but you never know. So this was a perfect choice for lunch.

After lunch we decided to go to starbucks. I had a free drink that was about to expire. You know the rules with free drinks: Go big or Go home. I had been seriously craving a white chocolate mocha with Raspberry. And I really wanted one...except that it was over 470 calories for a Grande. Um. No. I ended up with a Grande Caramel Macchiato (I only drank half). I didn't make it skinny because I really wanted to have something sweet too. I wasn't counting calories, but I was aware of them and made alternate choices.

Our dinner as a potato bar...oh HECK YEAH! They weren't giant potatoes. Sometimes you can forget that they actually come in a normal size. It was a yummy dinner.

Only 19 days until the Polar Plunge....Wish me luck and make a donation if you can.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/2016-lewes-polar-bear-plunge-for-special-olympics


Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts