Who wears Short Shorts?

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Summer is here and that means Short Shorts. I have a love hate relationship with them. I have mentioned before that I have always had shapely legs. They have always been an asset. They are muscular.

Over the years I have seen them slim down, but remain shapely. That simply amazes me. Secret time: occasionally when I am laying on the floor for workouts I will lift my legs and just marvel at how small they are. I don't even recognize them some days.





This year I haven't been super excited for my short shorts though. Because of my knee issues I severely cut back on leg workouts for my Marathon training. It's important to work your legs, and I still worked them a little, but all of that extra swelling and soreness I scaled back the squats and weights. Well when I was wearing pants it wasn't noticeable. But, now that it's shorts time I'm not thrilled. My thighs have dimples that were not previously there. My inner thighs are not as tight as they once were. All of the running and walking thins it down, but I need my strength training to tighten them up.




Since I am doing yoga on Mondays and Wednesdays I decided to make Tuesdays leg day. OMG I was all over it today. I was amazed at how strong my legs were. I mean I did a killer workout. I started with 3 miles on the treadmill. Then I moved to the leg press. Next up were the Hip Abduction (outer thighs) and Hip Adduction (inner thighs). I moved to the Calf extension. Even though my tight calf was the cause of a lot of pain, I still have to work it. I ended legs at the Glute machine...Hello Bootylicious! Before I stretched, and I made sure I did that, I hit the mat for some core time. I was a big sweaty mess when I was done and I most likely will have difficulty walking tomorrow, but I'm so happy I don't care.



I am currently wearing short shorts and I'm not super thrilled, but it won't be long until my legs are back in the shape I love them in. There are still several months to show them off.



Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts