First Pool Day of the 2015 season

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

It is hot out there people. That has means a lot of shorts and tank tops. It also means POOL time!  Oh how I love the pool....and oh how I hate the pool.

No matter how far I come, I still have body issues. That's so very depressing. Why are we so body conscious? Wouldn't it be great if we lived in a world that didn't idealize the "perfect body"? Although lets face it, even "perfect" bodies are photo shopped.

Yesterday I was in the intimates section of a store. The Women's department was full of belly slimming, thigh slimming, bust lifting, bust padding, and even butt padding garments. Do you know was in the Men's department? Boxers, Briefs, and undershirts. This is so unbelievably wrong. But, how do we change it? Can it be changed? Sadly, unless we all fall under a mind erasing spell I fear it is too late.

I work out. I finish marathons. I eat healthy. I am beautiful. I know that. But, I still twinge at stripping down to my bathing suit. It turns me back into that former fat girl and it hurts.

Saturday I happened to be at a very empty pool with Ms. Caroline. Now, I had been a little anxious about this. She has a body that would make grown men weep. A little part of me felt like the fat invisible friend.

Everything was fine. We had a fun time and can't wait to do it again. We enjoyed lounging out and spending some time in the pool. I got over my anxiety and had fun, but I can't help but wonder how I would have felt if the pool was crowded. Maybe I was okay because there wasn't anyone there really for me to wonder what they were thinking. Would they even have noticed me?

It's poisonous to even worry or care about that. It just completely sucks that this body image pressure is even an issue. Something needs to be done. There are bigger issues in the world to worry about other than if I look fat in a bathing suit.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts