Random Wednesday: Strawberries, Sweat, and Sangria

Happy Random Wednesday,


Okay so I was feeling good today. The weather was nice and cool. I was with a client in the park and decided to walk for 3 miles. No run (wasn't wearing a great running bra). I was feeling good after 3 so I said "What the heck, I'll go for 5." I should have stopped at 3. I could feel a pull in my arch. I was in pain by the end and had a very hard time walking for the rest of the day. Grr...I have a 5K on Saturday and I'm not feeling great about it.

*****

I have been enjoying a pitcher of water with sliced Strawberries. Yum.

*****

The other day I was trying to decide what to wear and something prompted me to put on a Purple t-shirt from a Purple Stride 5K I did in 2013. I went about my day and my plans changed. I was supposed to go to a client then come home and shower and change before meeting Ms. Amy for lunch. I got to talking to some people and ran out of time. So I went straight to see her. We went to a few stores and ended our day in Target. As we were leaving a woman stopped me. She asked me about my shirt.

It turns out that she is a member of Purple Stride. She is one of 5 children and 3 of them have had Pancreatic Cancer. She has a team in the September Purple Stride 5k here in Charlotte. So she gave me her card and Ms. Amy and I will be signing up to be on her team. That was pretty awesome.

*****

I have mentioned before that I'm allergic to my own sweat. I mean I get itchy and red. It's pretty gross. Sometimes after a good sweaty workout I look like I've been punished with 40 lashes. Just like Jamie on Outlander...

*****

The other night I went to Ms. Marisol's for a Birthday Celebration. We had the most delicious Sangria...OMG I liked it. Almost as much as I like the cake. Tres Leches is the most amazing thing EVER!  Where have you been all of my life????  Sponge cake soaked in 3 different kinds of milk...O...M...G!


 
*****

Time to update your playlist

Starting on the familiar side of things, you'll find chart returns from perennial favorites Ricky Martin and Britney Spears. On the fresh tip, you'll find breakout hits from newer acts like Shawn Mendes and Rachel Platten. Lastly, in the best of both worlds department, you'll find new remixes of recent hits from Sia and Carly Rae Jepsen.
If you're current playlist sounds a little dated, there are plenty of single tracks here that will liven it up. Alternatively, if you're looking for a more ambitious change, this month's top 10 tracks would make for a balanced and invigorating playlist just as they are. Like a good run, it doesn't matter which route you choose—so long as you pick one and get going.
Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Sia - Elastic Heart (Kid Arkade Extended Mix) - 128 BPM
DJ Snake & AlunaGeorge - You Know You Want It - 99 BPM
Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea - Pretty Girls - 104 BPM
Shawn Mendes - Something Big - 113 BPM
Martin Garrix & Usher - Don't Look Down - 129 BPM
A-Trak & Andrew Wyatt - Push - 126 BPM
Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (Blasterjaxx Remix) - 129 BPM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song - 89 BPM
Steve Aoki, Chris Lake, Tujamo & Kid Ink - Delirious (Boneless) - 128 BPM
Ricky Martin & Pitbull - Mr. Put It Down - 129 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.


Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts