She's Alive!



Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

It is good to be alive! I got hit with something last week. It knocked me on my butt for a few days.  I started with a cough Thursday night. Friday morning I was feeling better. I went to the park for a session with the plan to get in 3-5 miles after. It was a cold day and I started to feel icky. So when it was over I stopped for some cough medicine and headed home.

As the day went on I got more and more tired. I was fighting to keep my eyes open. I had an appointment at 4 to meet with my fellow Girls on the Run Coaches. I really needed to go. So I rallied. We met at Starbucks and I got a tea with honey. Amazingly I felt much better. And then as soon as I got home I was toast. I had my second bowl of soup and sandwich for the day and went to bed.

I woke up every hour for 3 hours and felt like I had been asleep 8 hours each time. I was knocked out, but having a hard time. At midnight I woke up convinced I was going to be sick. I got a bucket just in case. I also got some animal crackers and ginger ale. I burped a few times and felt sooooo much better. I was able to sleep the rest of the night without waking.

I felt so much better when I got up. I had an early client and then I would be babysitting all day. I was going to call out for both, but felt fine when I woke up.  I was coughing a little, but medicine and cough drops kept it under control. I was okay until around 3 and then I got hit with exhaustion again. I stayed on the couch and sat on the floor while the little girl played. I washed my hands and then used anti-bacterial gel every 15 minutes just to be safe. I was also drinking a lot of water and not using the bathroom as often as I should have. I was dehydrated.

When I drove home I started to feel even worse.  When I am sick I usually feel worse around sunset. My skin felt sensitive to the touch. I was getting a fever. When I got home I made soup and cancelled my Sunday session.  I passed out.

I was in and out of consciousness all morning. My fever finally broke around noon. I got up and showered and passed out again. Then around 3 I got up for some real food and felt human again. I was still coughing, but very sporadically. I think the worst was over.

There is always a little part of me that hopes I will lose 5 lbs when I am sick. I generally lose a couple pounds. I lost 1lb this time. But, once I start back to real life it always comes back. Because it wasn’t lost properly. Remember that.

It just about killed me yesterday. It was sunny and 60. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and I never even went outside. I hated to miss church. I hated to miss my client. But OMG, if I didn’t stay in bed all day this thing would have taken forever to get rid of. I have a lot happening this week so this was a necessary day.

I’m mad though. I’m a little behind on my Marathon training and this is putting me further back. Today was my original Distance day. I pushed it back to Wednesday and went to the park today. Running buddy and I walked 2 miles. We took it slow. I felt okay. I coughed, but I wasn’t out of breath. I wasn’t sure I could handle a mile 3 though. So what does that say for Wednesday?  I wanted 13. Now I will be happy with 5…and that’s walking.

I know that I am starting to get back to normal because I started to crave chocolate and burgers today. That’s usually what happens when I feel on the mend.  Grr…I stopped for more medicine today and picked up a caramel candy bar. It was delicious, but I regretted it the minute I ate it.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts