Random Wednesday: Big Girl Love, Liposuction, and Girl Scout Cookies



Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

Well I am sad to report that I had a coughing relapse yesterday. It was awful. It happened in the middle of the first Girls on the Run Session of the Spring season. I was devastated. I didn’t have the voice or energy I wanted for them.   I ended up taking a nap in my car in my church parking lot before my client session afterwards and felt so much better. And so far today I have been fine. Cross your fingers!

*****

I know you are all wondering. No, the toe nail has not fallen off. It never will at this point. It’s gross. It’s black. It’s out from the cuticle and just mocking me at this point. It’s getting on my nerves let me tell you.

*****

Okay so a couple of weeks ago there was something on TV that horrified me. Although I can pretty much say that everyday at this point.

There was an “entertainment news” show on that had these two girls that wanted Kim Kardashian’s booty. And so they were going to have liposuction on their bellies and have it transferred to their butt. (please note that I am eating dinner as I write this and about to throw up at the memory). 

                 A) What the heck?
          B)  There truly needs to be a warning and I should not have to look up to the tv and see that at dinner time.
          C) You know you are just transferring fat right? It’s not a solid booty. It’s just a fat booty! 

I am horrified at the unhealthy lengths people will go to. 

*****

Okay so the marathon is just over 3 months away. My brother signed up today so we are in! I really need to get over this coughing thing fast. It’s setting me so far back in training. I can’t run until I am all better. I can’t take another relapse. So I am going light this week. Maybe a little walking Friday and Saturday.  We’ll see how it goes. 

I really hate being sick. I mean REALLY hate being sick. I am not good at sitting still any more. This is killing me. I know that I have a higher immune system than I used to and that’s good. So thank goodness It won’t keep me down as long as it used to. Hooray for Healthy Living!

And yes, I have lost another 2 lbs this week. It’s sick weight. It doesn’t count.

*****

Are the Shamrock shakes out yet????  I haven’t been to McDonald’s in forever. I will allow myself one this year. A small one.

*****

Grrr….I saw a commercial for a new reality show: Big Girl Love (or something like that). So yes, I’m happy that there is a show humanizing plus size women looking for love. But, do they HAVE to be identified as Big Girls? I mean come on. That’s just wrong.  There is so much more to a person than just their weight. I don’t ever want to be defined by my size. That’s not who I am. 

*****

Someone sell me Girl Scout Cookies!  I neeeeeed Peanut Butter Patties!

*****

I am currently reading Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown. Go get it!  $2.99 on Amazon Kindle (at least it was last week).  It’s about the 1936 rowing team that went to the Olympics in Berlin. Prior to that the USA had been represented by mostly Ivy League rowers. This year they were represented by farmers and hard workers at the University of Washington.

Reading about the labor intensive training they do exhausts me just reading it. It makes me want to get up and workout.

Plus the story of the main guy is truly inspiring. If you think you have obstacles, they probably are extremely minor compared to this guy. He literally came from nothing and ends up winning a gold medal (it’s not a spoiler, you read that in the first chapter).

 I highly recommend it.

*****

It’s time to update your playlist:

Songs getting a makeover include the latest from from Gwen Stefani, a club anthem from David Guetta, and the three way collaboration between Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea, and Pitbull. Meanwhile, the other half of this month's list includes a Taylor Swift song you might recognize from a Target commercial, a Fall Out Boy track that pays tribute to a scene from Pulp Fiction, and the follow-up to Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne's breakthrough hit "Rather Be."

By combining new music from Top 40 regulars and updated versions of recent hits, this month's list strikes a fine balance between fresh and familiar sounds--both of which will come in handy when you're ready to get moving.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.

Gwen Stefani - Baby Don't Lie (Kaskade & KillaGraham Remix) - 100 BPM
Taylor Swift - Style - 95 BPM
Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea & Pitbull - Booty (Bali Bandits Remix) - 129 BPM
Robin Schulz, Lilly Wood & The Prick - Prayer in C (Robin Schulz Radio Edit) - 123 BPM
Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman - 149 BPM
Jessie J & 2 Chainz - Burnin' Up (Aero Chord Remix) - 100 BPM
Kelly Clarkson - Heartbeat Song - 74 BPM
Clean Bandit & Jess Glynne - Real Love - 125 BPM
David Guetta & Sam Martin - Dangerous (David Guetta's Banging Remix) - 128 BPM
Pitbull & Ne-Yo - Time of our Lives - 124 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest





Comments

Popular Posts