Food Prep, Weight Bias, and a Luc Check-In

Hello Beautiful People,

I hope this finds you well. I have enjoyed my weekend. I got some rest. I got some projects done. I got some workouts in. I got some food prep done. And I passed my second test. Hooray!

I have been needing a good food prep weekend. It's just hard to use the kitchen so much when it's so FREAKING hot outside. I did it though. 

Last night I made this week's breakfast frittatas. Eggs. Skim Milk. Brocolli. Cheddar Cheese. I am forever grateful for the Pampered Chef muffin trays that were a Christmas gift a couple years ago. They are easy and quick to make. I like to switch up the veggies. Usually, I make them with Zucchini and Red peppers. I love making them with Spinach and feta. I made them with artichokes one time, but they exploded on reheat. Yikes. 

I'm going to include my Salad prep for the weekend. I used my new favorite cutting board to cut my veggies and push them right off of the board into my glass Pyrex containers. I prefer glass containers to keep the food fresh. I looked at a homemade Raspberry vinaigrette that I may try soon. 

I had a lot of ice cream when I was sick a couple of weeks ago. I'll never apologize because my throat just hurt. The problem is that I LOVE Ice Cream. In fact, this week is Ice Cream Week at Preschool and I'm super excited. Squee! So what can I do to compensate for this at home? Well, Forks Over Knives has recipes for Nice Cream. I made a couple before and I did like them. So I made some with a new recipe. Bananas and Frozen strawberries with a little milk (I added that so I didn't break my food processor). I blended them then added some dark chocolate chips and put them in the freezer. 

Today was even hotter and I wanted to get an early start in the kitchen. I made a batch of my favorite Black Bean Burgers. I'm telling you, I make them better than any you can buy. One day I will detail making them for you. 

And then I tried a new recipe. I have been waiting to make this soup for a couple of weeks. It's a Lemony Zucchini Soup. It was my first attempt at an immersable blender. I got one from my Secret Santa and I have been itching to use it. I love it. 


The soup includes leeks, veggie broth, potatoes, zucchini, Lemon juice, Herbes de Provence, and pumpkin seeds. I am so excited at how amazing this is. I'm very much looking forward to making a Potato Leek soup next. 

My fridge and freezer are full of yummy prepped food. I feel good about the next couple of weeks. Especially since there are two birthdays in my class this week and that means Pizza and cupcakes. Ironically I didn't know what to do for lunch today. I used up all of my containers with my prep. Lol. I thought I had a frozen meal, but then I think I put it back because I knew I would have lots of food ready. I am my own worst enemy.  I had gym food for lunch, but it wasn't enough so I was depleted when it was time for my workout. My cardio was uber slow and it took everything I had to do strength training. I only had 5 kids today so I couldn't have been that tired from school. Well except that one of my little pumpkins is having a rough time with something and it's killing me to see her so upset and not be able to help her. We got her through it, but it took a while today. 

I made sure to get some good Strength workouts in each day this weekend. It was too hot to enjoy some cardio, but I can always enjoy some weights. My Roller Coaster trip is just over a month away and I want to tighten everything. I don't need any extra jiggle on the rides. Speaking of, yes, I am aware of the crack in the ride at Carowinds. I'm devastated. The Fury is one of my favorites. I guess it's good that I didn't get my pass yet. 

Remember that the reason that I haven't gotten my pass is that I need to study.  It's hard to study right now since it's my favorite time of the summer: Christmas in July on Hallmark. I mean I'm not going to lie, I keep my favorites on DVR and watch them all year, but it's nice to watch others. They bring me Joy. I will not apologize. 

Okay, let's go back to the second chapter that I studied and passed. It's on Weight Bias and Communication. I would like to write a whole post on this chapter. Maybe I will put on a Christmas movie this weekend and make that happen. I'll just give a preview right now and say that it wasn't a very hard chapter for me. I see the Bias. I feel the Bias. I could have written this chapter. I felt seen and it felt good. The main takeaway is to leave the judgment at home. Fuller-size people can be incredibly fit just as thinner people can be unhealthy and unfit. You just don't know. 

I'm going to leave you with that little nugget and plan on putting on a good Christmas movie and getting that done. Although I need to do another Ted Lasso episode. We are up to the season finale of season 1. Maybe I will prep for that tomorrow. You know, that's a good way to procrastinate. 

Okay, I'm getting sleepy so I will catch you up on Luc. He's doing great. I still love him so much. His leaves are getting thinner so I will be feeding him later this week and that will be our first big challenge. In the meantime, he is thriving. Everyone around him is guzzling up water. My previous succulents were not in this window so I think he will definitely need water more frequently than they did. Now before I get lectures on this, I always knew that succulents don't require a lot of water. I didn't water them often, but probably still a little too often or not often enough. We will never know. I do know that it kills me since I am little Ms. Hydration. Are you drinking enough water? My Pastor has a Peace Lily that he brought to church for a sermon over a year ago. It has remained in a small area that gets light, but is out of the way and can get forgotten. It was mostly dead and I couldn't take it. I have been watering it for months. It came back to life. He has said that he should just name it Jennie since I take care of it. I said he should call it Jesus since it has come back from the dead. 


When it comes to hydration, try not to play catch-up. Get ahead of the game. It may mean more trips to the loo, but it's better than the alternative. 



Have a Blessed Evening,

I appreciate you.


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts