Countdown to my Birthday Trip

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Did you hear the giant sigh of relief on Friday? It was the last day of the Preschool Summer Session.  I woke up like it was Christmas morning and was practically skipping to work. I could do this. It was a miracle. 


I was so spent. I don't even know how I got through the last week. Don't get me wrong, I love the kiddies. I really do. And I will miss them. But, it was an incredibly difficult year with some challenging kids and I just really need some time away from them. I need some time to relax and time to finish my studying. GAH!

I was so tired on Friday that I came home after preschool and had to set an alarm so that I didn't miss my client. We were a pair. We both crashed for an hour and then had to rally for her workout. If either of us had any energy we would have whooped it up when she was finished. Alas, I drove home and then could barely get out of the car. 

I did have some positive things happen during the week. Two days in a row I got Wordle on my 2nd word. Woo Woo! And I was gifted the best shirt. I even wore it this week for Superhero Week. Rebecca and Keeley are my Superheroes.


So how is my studying going? Well, I decided to wait until after preschool to do any studying. I just didn't have the brain power. I really didn't. I missed my exit one day because I just couldn't focus. As I sat down yesterday to study I was met with a big fat NO. The website was down for maintenance and would be for many hours. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Just another reason for me to like an old-school textbook. 

Today I went for coffee after church and when I got home I watched my video and took notes. And just as I was ready to take the quiz a storm swooped in and knocked out the power. I mean I am starting to feel like I should be giving this up. Except that, I know that I make a difference as a Personal Trainer. I help improve the quality of life of my clients. Eventually, I was able to take it and I got a 100%. Nailed it!

My goal is to finish another section before I leave this week. Ideally, I would like to finish 2, but I don't know if that's going to happen. It's time to start packing too. This time next week I will be at Cedar Point. HOORAY! I've been making lists to pack and also planning ahead. 

Carowinds is owned by the same group that owns Cedar Point so I figured it would be very similar. I looked up my vegetarian options. I understand why they included everything, but we all know that most of the items on this list did not need to be listed. 










I think it goes without saying that popcorn and biscuits don't need to be included. I didn't screenshot the ice cream, funnel cake, and milkshakes that were also listed. It pretty much looks like I am left with beyond burgers and pizza. Although I will be hitting that grilled pineapple. I don't have a lot of vegetable options so I'll need to bring my own. I know there is a side salad, but a bowl of iceberg lettuce with a cherry tomato and cucumber does not cut it for me. We are staying next to the park and there are several restaurants there, but I'm not extremely secure with that. I'll bring some veggies and hummus and keep them in the fridge. Thankfully there is a Starbucks at the hotel and at the park so I will get my coffee. I will also be packing protein bars and bananas.  

I did pull out my bathing suit this week. We are planning on hitting the pool when we get to the hotel on Saturday. Check-in starts at 4. It's a long drive and all I can think about right now is sitting in a lounge chair and reading a book. I already have two books packed. We'll be at the park for 3 days. I'm planning on going back to the hotel in the middle of each day for a couple hours at the pool before going back for more rides. There is a fitness room at the hotel. I will definitely get my steps in, but I would like to lift some weights while I'm there. 

I joined a few Facebook groups for the park to see what people like and recommend. I've seen a few posts regarding people who are larger. Which are the more comfortable rides? Kudos to Cedar Point for having several rides that have larger seats to accommodate everyone.  I know so many people who have never felt good about rides because of their size. I personally hate the harnesses that are over the shoulder. They are not fun if you have Boobs. 

Packing my clothes is the tricky part. But, it's for a good reason. The weather report looks AMAZING. I have been worried all of this time about the heat. I mean if you remember, the Cleveland Marathon was 95 degrees in May. Luckily the forecast looks AMAZING. I mean I may need to bring some long sleeve shirts and possibly a sweatshirt. Our park days are Sunday-Tuesday. SQUEE!


Alright, I need to get some rest. I have some studying to do tomorrow. 

I appreciate you.


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on 
Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973
Threads: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts