Procrastination, Mental Health, and Poop

Hello Beautiful People,

I feel that it is only right that I declare myself the QUEEN of Procrastination. I have done the smallest amount of studying, but good gracious my brain is fried right now. I really planned on studying today, but I've had a headache for the last couple of hours and frankly, I want to just turn off my lights and lay in the dark. And I will. In a few minutes.

In preschool when it is someone's birthday the parents usually buy pizza for the class and bring cupcakes. Usually, I'm okay with it, but sometimes we have too much. A couple of weeks ago the kids were super excited because we had pizza and cupcakes on back-to-back days. On Thursday we had pizza and a crazy delicious cake. We had lots of pizza left so I brought some home. And then we had a repeat the next day. I felt awful all weekend and frankly, I looked pregnant. I was so bloated and felt gross. Now it's not like I put down a ton of pizza. I didn't, but my body just could not process it. And TMI, I know, but I Pooped so much Monday morning and my body went back to normal. And that was it. I am off pizza. 

Frozen pizzas are usually in my routine. Now I don't have them every week, but there's usually one in the freezer for a quickie. It's reserved for when I don't have a lot of time and I can make something for dinner and for lunch the following day. They are not big and for the most part, I would buy ones that have lots of vegetables and not a lot of cheese. But, after that rough weekend, I have not bought anymore. Of course, this past week was a birthday in another class and the parents bought pizza for the teachers. I allowed it. However, they bought a pizza with chicken on it. I ended up with a thin-crust piece of cheese for the kids. I was still so hungry so we took the chicken off of the teacher's pizza. I wasn't hungry after, but I also didn't feel great. So we are really off of pizza. I don't know what my options are going to be at Cedar Point next month. I may need to have some, but I don't want to feel gross either. We'll see what happens. 

Well, I am happy to report that I did get to see Six the Musical. My fellow Queens. Hooray! Sadly, I was really sick the original night. I felt horrible for about 3 hours and it was the right thing not to go. I was lucky enough to get a make-up ticket for another night with an upgrade.  And it did NOT disappoint. 

 

I was able to eat dinner before I left. When I got there I got in line for a bottle of water. They had just given out the last of the cold waters so they gave me a cup of ice to go with it. When I sat in my seat I poured a little water in the cup, but there was no intermission so I figured I would just suck on the ice as long as possible before drinking water. Now if you don't know what the show is about, it is about the six wives of Henry VIII. They put on a concert and battle to see who had it worse. Did you catch it when I said it was a "concert"? There is so much music and they are very energetic. I know every song by heart. And I sing. But, I know better and I just lip-sync at Musicals. I do move around though. I knew I would be clapping and moving my hands. So I put the cup of ice between my knees and used them to keep it from dropping. That was an unexpected workout. Thank goodness I don't skip leg day. LOL.  Oh, I loved this show. I could watch it every night. My favorite thing about the whole night was watching all of the young ladies in the audience get so animated about how much they loved it. Go see it if you can. 

So the next morning we had tickets for Mission Impossible 7. We were celebrating Ms. Crystal's birthday and had tickets for the 10:15am show. I got there a little early and did some studying in the car while I waited. Go me!

The movie was great and I can't wait for the second part to come out next year. But, I have to tell you about the funniest thing that happened when the movie was over. Naturally, I had to pee after the movie. As I was about to open the restroom door a young girl around 6-7 yrs old started to walk out, but ran back in and into the first stall. When I walked out of the rest room the girl came out after me and ran to her dad, who was over by the refreshments stand. There were not too many people around, so when she told him what happened it was very loud. "DAD, I POOPED! I POOPED SO MUCH! IT WOULDN'T GO DOWN! I DIDN'T BREAK IT. It JUST WOULDN'T GO DOWN. IT WAS A LOT OF POOP!" I am telling you that it is a good thing that I had just used the restroom because I swear I was laughing so hard that I would have peed my pants. It was the best thing EVER! Her dad was equally amused and embarrassed. We all laughed. 

I enjoyed both shows, but I was dehydrated for the rest of the weekend. I didn't drink as much water because I didn't want to need to use the bathroom during the middle of either. Gah! I hate the feeling when I am dehydrated. And every time it happens I think back to before I started drinking water regularly. Ugh. I treated my body so poorly back in the day. I remember thinking that I was fine without it, but in reality, I just learned to live with it and not realize that it could be better. I'm so glad that I know better now. 

After the movie, we went out to lunch, and the topic of how difficult it is to eat healthy when you eat out. It's taken a while, but I can do it. Honestly, the challenge is to cut out fast-fast food. The "healthy" option isn't always the healthiest option. Often the salads have more calories than the burgers. There are a lot of good options out there if you are willing to step out of the box. My favorite place to go is Cava. It's a Mediterranean joint. You go down the line and build your bowl or pita. If you have anxiety about the decision making they also offer pre-selected options. The majority of options are good for you. Just be brave. If you don't have a Cava there are other places like it. My other favorite place to eat is First Watch. They have an amazing Veggie Burger. It's not an Impossible burger. It's a legit veggie burger. If you can give up McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A then you have a better option. I love a good french fry, but I can get by without it. Besides they are designed to stimulate your taste buds by just by the smell.  

I have been super focused on myself for the past couple of weeks. I have been focusing on my eating and food prep. I have been focusing on my strength training. And I have been focusing on my mental health. And my body responded. I recognize my legs again. My arms are tight. My core is strong. I see me again. And then one of the girls in my class pointed to my stomach and said "Baby".  Oh FUDGE. Only I didn't say Fudge. Thank goodness I didn't dive into a tub of ice cream. I will not let it get me down. In two weeks I will be riding roller coasters and I will let out my screams then. 

Speaking of my Birthday Trip. I have to go and dig out my bathing suit. That should be fun. Actually, I'm not terrified of it anymore. I think it will be okay. That's a good mental health moment.  Luc the Succulent has been helping. I've said it before, but my plants relax me. He's doing okay. I'm concerned about him while I go away. I may have to take him with me. Can succulents be emotional support plants?


I love my garden salads and I thought I would share one of mine from this week. It was so colorful and yummy. Spring mix. Carrots. Cucumber. Corn. Blueberries. Almond slivers. Craisins. Baked chickpeas. Shredded Cheddar cheese. Greek dressing. 


Yesterday I went grocery shopping and I picked up a bag of frozen Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. I will bake them and put them on my salad this week. It reminds me of a yummy salad that I got at Silver Diner (in northern Virginia). So get creative. Experiment. Basic salads can leave you hungry because you aren't eating enough. Just don't load it with bacon, fried chicken, iceberg lettuce, and creamy dressings. 

Before I go, I thought I would put out there that I created a class wishlist on Amazon for my Preschool class. I love how much they love to read. So if you would like to support young readers please check it out. If you purchase it then it will get sent directly to me.  Thank you in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1PBB0TPYA4GGS?ref_=wl_share


I appreciate you.


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts