Super Bowl Anxiety...I miss my Dad.

Hello Beautiful People,

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! 

I have been so excited for today and I've been dreading it so much. I just was not ready for the flood of emotions that I've been going through today. I woke up crying and have spent most of the day crying. To say that I miss my Daddy is an understatement. It's been four months since he passed away and it hasn't gotten any easier.  I'm crying right now actually.  I'm a giant knot of anxiety. But, I'm wearing my Dad's jersey so he's here with me.



I'm not even going to try on focusing on food today. It'll be a losing battle, but I've been so good lately that I'm going to not fight it and just enjoy my stress eating.

On a more positive side, I had a really good day yesterday. I was so tired when I got up though. I had that coffee Friday night and had a hard time falling asleep. Then I had to get up for my clients. And the plan was to go straight to the gym. I wanted 8 miles. But, oh I wanted to just come back and go to bed.  Then something pretty awesome happened. I had an email from St. Jude Heroes that someone had donated to my fundraising page. That' all it took.

I went straight to the gym and I got my 8 miles in. It was so amazing. There was not one moment when I thought that I would cut out early. In fact, I felt so good that I almost went for 10. But, as a trainer I knew that was a bad move. I didn't know how my foot and calf would react afterwards. It was my first big distance in two years. I needed to make sure I could recover. I felt amazing the whole time. I wasn't fast by any means, but I was consistent and my miles got faster as they went on. So it was a huge success.

I rewarded myself with a hydromassage afterwards. It was so good.

I was happily surprised with the results. I mentally planned the this week's workout plan. I am going away saturday so I can't do a long one then, but I can get one in on Thursday. I have two mid distances tomorrow and Wednesday.

Eight miles is good. I have 5 more to get through though and that's the mark in DC that I start to struggle. What I really need to work on now are hills and the cold. Two of my least favorite things, but I feel like I'm in good shape right now.

What I liked best about time time was that I got into a great rhythm. I could feel my muscles moving. That is my favorite thing.  I can feel the leg muscles, my core muscles, and even my back and shoulder. Everything is in play.

I need to not look at the scale for a while. The number isn't changing, but the clothes fit better and frankly that matters more. I'm just a little worried about the St. Jude race singlet though. It looks awfully small.

If you would like to help with my motivation I would welcome all of the donations that I can get:

http://heroes.stjude.org/Jennie_Henderson

Okay the game has started and my focus is gone. Fly Eagles Fly!

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts