Random Wednesday: The Super Bowl, Olympic Curling, and Paris

Happy Random Wednesday my Bleeps,

In case you missed it, the Eagles won the Superbowl!  HOORAY! It was glorious. It was stressful. I have waited a long time for that day. And I dreaded it. I was a hot mess during it and during the last 2 minutes my brain couldn't handle it. I started crying and crying and crying. My mom called. I face timed with my brother and nephew. It was so hard not to talk to Dad. The next day I felt like I had been hit by a car. I had been so tense during the game that I couldn't move the next day. I was also emotionally exhausted. Christmas was tough, but this was a once in a lifetime moment that I couldn't share with my Dad. It hurt.

*****

I have added an item to my things for me list. I took French from elementary school through high school. I can remember certain things if I see them, but I'm not fluent. Well I decided to start learning it again. I will get to Paris one day.

*****

It's Girl Scout Cookie time. How many have you bought? I haven't purchased any. My rule is that I will buy from any girl who asks me. If I buy from the moms who ask I will go broke. No girl has asked me yet. But, I have been given some cookies. Damn you Thin Mints!

*****

I'm not sure how I have kept from catching the flu, but knock on wood I have been fine. Tired, but healthy.

*****

I'm about to say something that I am sad to say. I have shared my love of Golden Girls before. I still absolutely love it. I even got some Golden Girls Mad Libs in the mail and no one will tell me who sent it. Anyway, I have been watching it on Hulu and just getting pure joy from it. I love all of the issues that they tackled and how open and loving they were to everyone. But, they made a lot of fat jokes and it makes me uncomfortable and sad.  Et Tu Sophia?

*****

The Olympics start this week and I couldn't be more excited. I'm ready. I can't wait to see the Curling, skating, bobsleding, ski jumping, ice hockey, speed skating, and the ceremonies.

The Curling open house starts this week. I'm supposed to chaperone a trip to snow tubing, but it may rain. If it does I hope to get to the open house. I'm such a Curling nerd. 

*****

I was on a video chat with my youth group tonight. One girl was in the car while her family was in the restaurant waiting for her. They were at Cracker Barrel. I'm full from dinner, but I practically salivated thinking about my favorite meal: Eggs in a Basket. I could go for breakfast for dinner tomorrow.

*****

Alright kids, I have a book due back to the library in 2 days. I must get to reading it. It's about a French Bistro...I really have Paris on the brain.

*****


If you would like to help with my motivation I would welcome all of the donations that I can get:

http://heroes.stjude.org/Jennie_Henderson



Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts