Random Wednesday: Olympic Fever and Healthy Eating (and not so healthy eating)

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Happy Valentine's Day to you.

I have a confession. I'm really not looking forward to the half marathon coming up in a month. The reason is that I want to focus on my weight training and not my cardio/distances. Ugh. I'm a poopyhead. At least that's how I feel all day long. I resent the cardio that I may or may not be doing because I love weights. Not that I'm doing them either. See, I am a poopyhead.  I got in 4 miles today and I should have done more. I didn't even break a sweat. Bah. I was lollygagging.

*****

This week has been a little fun with the kiddos. My theme for the week is The Olympics. On Monday we made torches. They have no idea what the torch represents and turned them upside down to make rockets. Oh well. Then on Tuesday we focused on Ice Skating. We made ice skates and I showed them videos of Michelle Kwan and Surya Bonaly.  They were so enthralled. It was like watching magic. They go up and started to move their little bodies like they were ice skating and it was adorable. They asked to watch more today.

I love watching ice skate, but I hated actually ice skating. I was a wall hugger. But, I thought about it. I'm stronger, more flexible, and have much better balance now. I'm not 100 percent opposed to the idea. Although I still prefer Curling.


*****

I've eaten like crap this week. Food has been provided for several meals: hot dogs and pizza. I have made sure to get my veggies in and eat healthy in between, but I'm feeling the ick.

*****

I am starting to prepare for my Healthy Eating Seminar that I will be presenting in March. The event is 2 hours and includes lunch. I am having a hard time narrowing it down so I decided that I will offer video chats Bi-weekly afterwards. I'll share the links with you when I set them up.

*****

I stopped at the store yesterday to pick up some little oranges for the kiddos for Valentine's Day. I was so excited that other people had the same idea.



Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

If you would like to help with my motivation I would welcome all of the donations that I can get:

http://heroes.stjude.org/Jennie_Henderson

Comments

Popular Posts