Random Thursday: Movies, Raspberries, and journals

Happy Random Thursday!

The other day I went to a matinee. My morning before it included a client and then a couple of hours at the gym. I ran intervals for 5 miles and biked 5 miles. I showered there then went to Subway for a 6 inch ham on multigrain flatbread. As soon as I was done I went over to Harris Teeter for some drinks and snacks.

I can't believe that I finally made it to being an adult and I can get any snack that I want at the movies and I don't leap into a vat of buttery popcorn like the Former Fat Girl liked to do.


I always like my dark chocolate raisinets for movies. But, I also knew that I would get hungry again since I had my run. So I got a small pack of pistachios too. I also bought a bottle of water and a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper (I felt sure I would need a caffeine fix).

My key to survival was the eating before the movie. I did get hungry again during it and the nuts came in handy. But, there were still in their shells so they were a little loud. Lol.

*****

My new favorite fruit to put in water is Raspberries. Gasp! Delicious!

*****

Someone got a new phone this week. HOLLA!  So excited. I loved my last phone and it lasted me two years, but the last month the battery was killing me. I got the new LG G4. The camera is amazing...and I now need to make sure I am wearing make up for all selfies. LOL.

I did get a little terrified that I was going to break it at the gym. I have two weeks to return it in case I didn't like it so I didn't buy the case just yet. I will be going ASAP to get one. It's a keeper!

*****

So I've been thinking long and hard about what I want to do next. I think my natural transition is hiking. I love being outdoors. I love long walks. I love Nature. It's a given. I'm not sure how far I want to take it. I'm not a pee outdoors kind of girl and I am terrified of snakes. So I think I'll start with day trips. I have been reading a blog about hiking the Appalachian Trail and I am completely intrigued. As it is 2000 miles and takes an average of 5 months I don't exactly see it on my list. But, maybe I work my way up to doing it for a few days and then maybe a week or so.

Who am I?  And did I really just say that?

*****

Please note that I have a new favorite drink at Starbucks: Iced Coffee with Sugar-free hazelnut syrup and non-fat milk. YUM

*****

The best advice that I can give is to keep a journal of what you do on your workouts and what you eat. Keep track of the weights that you use and how much you eat out. Also keep track of your emotions and any external factors (weather, period, schedule, etc).

I have been keeping a new journal for training for the next marathon. The past couple of weeks have been challenging as my schedule changes day to day and sometimes I have to adjust immediately.

I noticed a phrase that kept coming up in my journal "I planned to ...., but ..." In most cases I was able to still get something in, just not what I planned. I am really hoping that after next week my schedule stabilizes a little better.

*****

Guess what I am doing tomorrow!  I am meeting with my new Girls on the Run coaches. YEAH! So excited.

The season starts September 22 (also the same day Pitch Perfect 2 comes out on DVD which makes it the best day EVER!)


*****


Have you seen Descendants from Disney?  There are two songs I like for this post. The first is Rotten to the Core. It's a great running song. Woo Woo!  The second is Believe. The lyrics are great and inspirational:

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey

Everest is only a mountain
A pyramid is just a shape
Doesn't have to hold you back
Doesn't have to pin you down
Let your dreams take flight
And your heart ignite!

Did you know that it's true
Everything is possible
It's nothing we can't do
It's a wild and beautiful fire
And I believe in you

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
'Cause I believe in you

Don't be afraid to be who you are
Just dream out and shout and follow the stars
Forget about the past that it's over
We are the young ones our way is forward
Who keeps tabs on stupid mistakes?
We all mess up but that's just the way

We learn how to get back up
We learn how to turn the page
So we will let our dreams take flight
And your heart ignite!


Source:
http://www.directlyrics.com/shawn-mendes-believe-lyrics.html
Everest is only a mountain
A pyramid is just a shape
Doesn't have to hold you back
Doesn't have to pin you down
Let your dreams take flight
And your heart ignite!

Did you know that it's true
Everything is possible
It's nothing we can't do
It's a wild and beautiful fire
And I believe in you

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
'Cause I believe in you

Don't be afraid to be who you are
Just dream out and shout and follow the stars
Forget about the past that it's over
We are the young ones our way is forward


Source:
http://www.directlyrics.com/shawn-mendes-believe-lyrics.html
Don't be afraid to be who you are
Just dream out and shout and follow the stars
Forget about the past that it's over
We are the young ones and our way is forward
Who keeps tabs on stupid mistakes
We all mess up but that's just the way

We learn how to get back up
We learn how to turn the page
so we will let our dreams take flight
And your heart ignite!


I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey

Everest is only a mountain
A pyramid is just a shape
Doesn't have to hold you back
Doesn't have to pin you down
Let your dreams take flight
And your heart ignite!

Did you know that it's true
Everything is possible
It's nothing we can't do
It's a wild and beautiful fire
And I believe in you

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey
'Cause I believe in you

Don't be afraid to be who you are
Just dream out and shout and follow the stars
Forget about the past that it's over
We are the young ones our way is forward
Who keeps tabs on stupid mistakes?
We all mess up but that's just the way

We learn how to get back up
We learn how to turn the page
So we will let our dreams take flight
And your heart ignite!


Source:
http://www.directlyrics.com/shawn-mendes-believe-lyrics.html


*****

So I was at Subway a couple of times this week. I noticed some new chips. It looks like Lays is have a flavor contest. There were four new chips from different regions: Greektown Gyros, New York Reubens, West Coast Truffle Fries, and Southern Biscuits and Gravy. Not gonna lie, I may have thrown up a little in my mouth at the thought. Not one of them sounds good. I am curious about the gyro flavored ones. Will they taste like lamb or just the spices?




*****


WHY HAVE I NOT MET TONY STEWART YET??????

*****

It's time to update the Playlist.  Here is this month's list:


Between the pop, rock, and club stars—and the range of tempos—you should find the exact tracks you need to round out your existing mix. Alternatively, you can take this month’s picks and use them wholesale—relying on their diversity to keep you engaged and moving.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Krewella - Somewhere to Run - 112 BPM
Hilary Duff - Sparks - 122 BPM
Cash Cash - Surrender - 128 BPM
Mako & Madison Beer - I Won't Let You Walk Away - 128 BPM
Third Eye Blind - Everything Is Easy - 128 BPM
David Guetta, Nicki Minaj & Afrojack - Hey Mama (Modern Machines Remix) - 128 BPM
We Are Twin - Come Alive - 159 BPM
Jeremih & Flo Rida - Tonight Belongs to U! - 130 BPM
The Mowgli's - Bad Dream - 168 BPM
Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer - 114 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.


Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts