My body is between Marathons

Hello Beautiful People,

If I am going to keep running Marathons then I think I'm going to need to train for them year round no matter when it is. I tend to go through cycles. When I train then I do less weights. So when I am not in full training I tend to go Weights crazy. My body completely changes during this time.  It's like when a professional athlete retires. Months later they are still in shape, but they haven't kept up the intense workouts and training so they look a little different. That's me. Basically you can tell how far away the marathon is by looking at my body.

This week I am 4 months out from my next marathon and I am excited to get started and dreading it.  It tires me out, but you can't beat that cardio.  When I start my training I will start at 100 miles a month and work my way up. The pounds will fall off of the scale and my belly will shrink.

I LOVE Legs day. I mean I really LOVE Legs day. That has been my focus in the off season. My legs are strong. I am pressing 200+ pounds. My legs are in great shape, but no for running. I have been doing yoga to stretch them out, but I could not run a marathon right now. I would end up with a pulled hamstring.  The other problem with my legs day is that it tends to make my knee sore which makes cardio short and painful. And so my legs days will come to an end soon. I will still have smaller legs days, but nothing like what I am doing.

I have also been working on my upper body strength. Weight training makes me HUNGRY and without the distance training days I am not burning those calories. Bodies change with changes in workouts.

Last week I had a knee set back. Surprise!  On Tuesday I was with clients and I was just standing there. My whole body turned to the left, except for my foot. That in turn twisted my knee. When I hurt it laterally it always sets me back. I have been sore since then. Last week, I wanted a big run, but that wasn't an option. I wanted to end July with a bang and get a head start on August. I was able to get in 3 miles and then I followed it up with another 5 the next day.

It was a great start and then my life got super busy this week. I was the official photographer for Vacation Bible School, I had a full client load (including a new client), and I had a pool date. I didn't get in as much cardio as I would have liked, but I made sure to get some form of exercise in every day: Bike at the gym, weights at home, 1 hour walk in the pool, walk in the park, etc. I am beat. Today is an unplanned rest day, basically I am trying not to fall asleep as I write this. But, I have a planned distance day tomorrow. HOLLA!

To help me get on track I set up a Facebook Event for 100 miles in August. I really loved when I participated in them in my training for my first marathon. That accountability and support is key. The idea is to get in 100 miles per month through walking, running, swimming, biking, and any other activity (20 minutes = 1 mile). I'm a little behind, but I plan on kicking ass starting tomorrow...after I finally get some sleep.

Here is the link to my 100 miles (walking, running, biking, swimming, cross training, etc) in August page. Please feel free to join:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1612914195641690/


Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts