One Day at a Time

So how did I do during this Hurricane you ask?  Well, not so good.  Bah.  This is why this journey is so difficult.  You can prepare all you want, but things happen.  The news says there's a hurricane coming.  I say Great!  Let's go load up on healthy goodies.  Guess what!  It's all still in the fridge :-(

Friday: Get the call to go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  Usually not a problem.  I get the Grilled chicken on the wheat roll.  That's what I ordered, but what I got was the original chicken on the regular roll.  Did I take it back?  No.  I ate it. Crap. Oh and all of my waffle fries.  And did you know that they now have a cheese sauce for your fries?  Are they trying to kill me?  I at least gave myself points for not caving to that.

Saturday: Gonna meet grandmom for a movie and we'll go to Panera first for lunch.  Great.  I love Panera.  I'll even get a Strawberry salad before they move to the next seasonal salad.  Check.  Uh-oh.  Qualified for a free popcorn at the movies.  Well it does have an expiration date and I really don't know when I'll be back for my next movie...so um, sure I'll take it.  After the movie I make a quick stop at Target for some emergency Starbucks Chai that I can heat up during the storm...oh and throw that chocolate bar in the bag just in case.  It didn't even make it home.

Sunday: Irene is gone!  Yay!  No power...doh.  I get the text "want to meet for pizza?". YES!  So off to the local bar for pizza and a margarita. 

And now the guilt sets in :-(  WHY did I do it?  Sure it's ok to splurge a little.  You will lose your mind otherwise, but I am hard pressed to justify this.  I know I will be good this week, but it's going to take a long time before I forgive myself for falling off the wagon this weekend.  My other meals were fine, but since I didn't get to work out it's very difficult for me to let it go.

It's One Day At A Time!  I just failed a few days.

Comments

Popular Posts