Ted Lasso Season 1: Episode 7 - Make Rebecca Great Again

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

You are in for a treat. Today I'm going to break down another Ted Lasso episode (It's one of my favorites and yes I am aware that I have said that for every episode) and I have an incredible recipe to share. You're going to love it. So let's get started. 

Let's talk about Season 1: Episode 7- Make Rebecca Great Again. This one is a little different. Ted is going through some things and he pushes others into the spotlight. So I need to look to someone else for the lesson and I just LOVE this new character. 

The episode begins with the loading of the team bus. They are getting ready to go to Liverpool for a match. Richmond hasn't won in Liverpool in 60 years. Nate tries to correct the way the bags are being stored under the bus. While he is under there more bags get tossed in and the doors are closed. Let me just say that I 100% see myself in Nate right then. I would be that person climbing in to make sure everything is put in just right. I am also that person that would get locked in the bottom of the bus. Did I ever tell you about the time that I was tossed into the wall from a murphy bed? I'm pretty sure that's why I'm claustrophobic. But I digress. This is not the time to talk about my childhood trauma. Back to Ted Lasso. 

Ted is in a distracted headspace. His wife is asking when he will sign the divorce papers. But, in typical Coach Lasso fashion, he nails a difficult question during a press conference. I didn't spoil it during the last episode recap. At the end of that episode, we learned that Jamie Tartt was recalled to Manchester City. Coach Lasso was very upset. He is asked in the press conference about losing Jamie. He responds by saying that one of the great things about being a coach is the connection that you make and that losing Jamie hurts more than anything that happens on the grass. Well said!

Rebecca brings Keeley to Liverpool for a Girls trip and reveals that it is her first Anniversary weekend since her divorce. Keeley hugs her. I love them! And then we meet Rebecca's best friend, who she hasn't really hung out with since she married Rupert. Sassy knows the importance of this weekend for Rebecca and she shows up for her.  Sassy is the BEST. On a side note, the actress who plays her is a substitute host on my favorite show: The Great Pottery Throwdown. You can watch it on HBO Max. Let me know when you do so we can talk about it. 

Ted asks Nate if he thinks they can win. When Nate says yes, he asks what he would tell the team. Nate gets nervous and won't say.  Later Ted is drinking and trying to sign the papers when Nate slips a note under the door. Ted opens the door and yells at him. I know what you are thinking. That is so unlike Ted. And you are right. So the next morning he immediately apologizes to Nate and asks him to read the thoughts that he wrote down to fire up the team. It works and the team wins. 

Everyone heads to celebrate with Karaoke. This is where we get most of our music. While they are singing Sassy and Rebecca step outside for a smoke and a talk. Rebecca apologizes for disappearing on Sassy and Sassy's daughter while she was married to Rupert. She places a lot of the blame on Rupert. 

Our lesson this week comes from Sassy. She tells Rebecca "I've always been your biggest defender, but you have to own up to the part you played." 

Before I get to that lesson, let me finish up. While Rebecca is singing Karaoke Ted starts to have a panic attack. He gets up and walks through the club to get outside. When you watch this episode pay attention. The song playing as he is walking through the club is hard to hear, but it is one of my favorites and immediately made it to my Running Playlist. Decoder by Pixellay is playing. It sounds like you are listening to it underwater, but it has a great beat. It WILL make you move. 

Don't worry, Ted's night gets better. I left out some important scenes because you need to watch them for yourself, except that we will learn about them in the next episode. So let's get back to Sassy's lesson: You have to own up to the part you played. 

I can sit here and give you 100 reasons why I didn't get the exercise in or didn't eat as well as I should have, but at the end of the day it was decisions I did or didn't make. It was on me. There may have been extenuating factors, but I made the decision. I didn't make it a priority. There is nothing wrong with that as long as I am aware of it. If I'm constantly making excuses and never acknowledging that I made the ultimate decision then it's never going to get better. Luckily, I know when I don't make food prep a priority then I make poor decisions: speed over proper nutrition. Generally, that means a lot of prepackaged food. Hello, sodium!  So why didn't I get my workout in today? I was tired. I wasn't feeling well. I didn't have the time. I was too tired. Yes I know that I said that twice. You can get the idea of how often that can be the excuse.

This past week I had a couple 'I wasn't feeling well' moments. I think that I was dehydrated. Which I find hilarious because I drink so much water. I suffered a stiff neck and headache on both days. I did try getting cardio in, but my head just hurt too much. When I have a cold or allergies I know my limits. It's not ideal to work out with congestion, but it can be done. Thank goodness I am a professional and know how to work around that. Do I always do it? Of course not. I'm also a human being who just wants to lay in bed when I don't feel well. 

I know what I need to do to kick it up. I know that I need to kick up my cardio to make a difference faster. But, I also know that the more I do, the more my knee hurts. So I'm trying to walk that fine line. I don't want my knee to become an excuse and a setback. If it puts me out of commission my depression will get out of control.

I really need to own my number 1 excuse: I'm tired. I really try to plan out my week and insert my workout and food prep days. The key is to follow through every time. Today I had planned on it being a treadmill day. I wore the right clothes. I brought my gym bag (spoiler alert it is always in my car). However, something happened and now I really know why I had that headache at the end of last week. I wasn't feeling great. But, I didn't want to scrap it. So I put in 3 miles in laps around the gymnasium at church. Did I bust out the sweat that I would have on the treadmill? No. Did I keep a consistent and fast pace for the whole 3 miles? Yes, I did. Did I sweat a little? Yes. Did my Heartrate elevate? Yes. It was a win today. 

Okay, it is time to get to the incredibly tasty salad that I made. In my last post I told you about a recipe that I got from instagram. This is another from that same account: GrilledCheesesocial. This recipe is: Hot Honey, Feta and Squash salad. 

I have been obsessed with the idea of Hot Honey for a year, but I had yet to use it. 

To prepare the squash you need:

*4 Cups of Butternut squash, chopped into small pieces (I bought it precut and I won't apologize :-)

*2 tbsp olive oil

*1/2 tsp cinnamon

*1/2 tsp salt.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread out your squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, cinnamon, and salt. Toss it around. and bake for 25 minutes. 


For the Hot Honey Vinaigrette you will need:

*2 tbsp hot honey

*1 tsp dijon

*1/2 lemon, juiced

*1 large garlic clove, finely minced (I always keep a jar of minced garlic in the fridge)

*2 tbsp olive oil

*pinch of salt




Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk it baby!


We are not quite done yet. You still need a salad. You will need:

*The recipe called for 4 cups of kale, finely chopped, but I use baby spinach. 
*8.8 oz of brown rice. I used minute rice (brown of course)
*3 tbsp of crumbled feta
*1 avocado, thinly sliced
*1 tbsp fresh basil

Combine it all and I promise you won't be disappointed. It is definitely going in the monthly rotation.


Before I call it a night (I need to stop typing because I only have nail polish on my left hand and I need to rectify the situation) I wanted to share another picture of flowers that bring me joy. I love when I see Wisteria, but I only see it when I'm on a highway or an exit ramp so it's not exactly easy to take a picture of. I found these when I was dropping off my recycling and I was so excited that I sort of forgot that it was raining when I jumped out of my car. It was worth it though.


Thank you for being my supporter and just know that the feeling is reciprocal. Even if I don't know you, I support you in your journey. 

I appreciate you.

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts