Random Wednesday: Lent, Cheese, and Hallmark Movies


Happy Random Wednesday,

Today is Ash Wednesday which marks the beginning of Lent. This is traditionally the time when you give up something for 40 days. In the past I have given up chocolate, fast food, and Starbucks. I am currently adjusting what I am eating in general. I have stopped giving up food related items for Lent. As a food addict it becomes evil. I end up too focused on it and stressing myself out.

I should just give up my guilty pleasure of Hallmark Channel movies or checking out People.com...too much garbage is on it anyway.

*****

This past weekend was the Polar Plunge. I will try to blog about it this week. It was so much fun and it was so so cold.

*****

Girls on the Run started last week. I love my new school and girls. It will be hard if my old school signs up again. Where will I go?

This season I have 8 girls and man are they fast. Wow. I was not prepared for this. It was freezing on Tuesday and they all voted to go outside. Coach Jennie was impressed...and mighty cold. They all met their goal of 1 mile.

*****

I am really trying hard to cut down dairy and gluten. So naturally I had a cheese sandwich last night. Grr...

*****

In case you hadn't heard, Tony Stewart injured his back. He had surgery last week and will miss part of the season. Daytona is coming up and I am going to be depressed without him racing. Maybe with time on his hands for healing he will finally call. Hey Tony Stewart, CALL ME!

*****

I am back to training for my Half Marathon that is in just over a month. Basically, I have to get my butt in gear. I'm not looking forward to the hills though. Right now my knees are manageable, but once I add the hills it will be difficult to walk.

*****

How many points do I get for not buying a Cadbury egg yet this year?

*****

As always, here is the list of top Workout songs that were sent to me.  Time to update your playlist.

While club music might dominate the month's proceedings, there were a couple of notable exceptions: a crossover hit from the Zac Brown Band and a collaboration between Fall Out Boy and Demi Lovato. As ever, it doesn't matter with which track you start your workout. It only matters that you start.
When you're ready, here's the full list--according to the votes logged on workout music site Run Hundred.
Redfoo – Juicy Wiggle – 128 BPM
Pitbull – Free.k (Sak Noel Remix) – 129 BPM
Disclosure& Sam Smith – Omen (Dillon Francis Remix) – 112 BPM
Taylor Swift – Out of the Woods – 92 BPM
Fall Out Boy & Demi Lovato – Irresistible – 83 BPM
Jason Derulo – Get Ugly – 110 BPM
Dzeko, Torres & Delaney Jane – L’amour Toujours (Tiesto Edit) – 130 BPM
Zac Brown Band – Beautiful Drug – 126 BPM
Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – I Know What You Did Last Summer – 113 BPM
Robin Schulz & Francesco Yates – Sugar – 123 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts