Happy Random Wednesday: Drive Thru French Toast, Barry Manilow, and Headbands

Happy Random Wednesday,

We have less than a month until the DC Half Marathon. So I'm in full training mode. That means I get to have planned carbs. Woo Woo!  The other day I was seriously craving Sonic's French Toast sticks. I was seriously considering getting in my car to go for drive thru French toast. So instead the next time I went to the store I picked up some waffles...and some mini pancakes that you microwave in a bag. I may have freaked out a little. That was the best idea EVER!

*****

It's week 3 of Girls on the Run and holy cow my girls are funny. I will just leave you with this: a third grader asked the other girls if they ever listened to Barry Manilow. I think I love her.

*****

In all fairness I think I need to mention that so far I have only purchased and eaten one box of Girl Scout cookies this year. I got the Rah Rah Raisin.

*****

Today was distance day for me and it was an 8 mile day. That means that I can have a burger. I try to limit my red meat consumption to distance days. Today was also Sloppy Joe's night at church. Basically my belly is freaking out at all of this red meat. It's not going to be a fun night.

*****

The scale is moving in the right direction!  WOO WOO!

*****

Yes, it's true. Starbucks has introduced a new latte: Smoked butterscotch. I had one today. I got a tall. It was okay, but all of the flavor sank to the bottom so the last few sips were pretty amazing.

*****

The other day I became obsessed with making spaghetti squash with pesto and chicken. It took me a few days to get the ingredients and find the time, but it was worth it. Oh heck yes!

*****

One of the best reasons to workout is for the headbands. I'm kidding. No, I'm not.

Anyway, this past week one of the site's had a grab bag sale: 5 for $15. I got them yesterday and wore one today. I love it. Pain is temporary. Pride is forever. YES IT IS!


*****

The Daytona 500 is this Sunday. HOORAY! Although it's not going to be the same without Tony Stewart. Boo...The other day he was on the treadmill so hopefully he's going to have a speedy recovery and will be back soon. But you know Tony, I can come keep you company. CALL ME!



Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

  1. I went to a concert once and the singer told his Barry Manilow story. The singer had a Barry Manilow CD in his bag in the luggage area under the tour bus. The bag was up against the light and the light started burning a hole in the bag. The light had been burning through the CD case when the issue was found (presumably when they got to their next stop and unloaded the bus). So, the singer credits Barry Manilow with saving the singer's luggage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts