Random Wednesday: Greek salads, Hunger Walks, and Yoga

Happy Random Wednesday,

I have been craving a greek chicken salad like crazy. I finally went out and bought the ingredients and made my own. YEAH!  It was yummy. I made one for lunch and packed a bowl for dinner too.

Tyson's cubed oven roasted chicken (just heat in the microwave)
Spinach
Cucumber
Tomato
Mediterranean Herb feta cheese
Greek dressing
pita chips

I'm not a fan of olives and onions, so I didn't add them.

*****

Next month I will be walking in the CROP Hunger Walk again. I am also the recruiter for my church for this walk. It was an easy fit for me. My church has been extremely active and supportive for years. It was a little intimidating to go to the rally meeting and have everyone say "Oh you're from Advent! They always do a great job." I just hope I don't let anyone down. Our number of walkers and amount raised increases every year. So what's my goal? My goal this year is to get more of the youth involved. I don't want them to just walk it. I want them to understand why we are doing it. I want them to get it.

Please help me spread the word for my fundraising page:

http://hunger.cwsglobal.org/goto/JennieHenderson

*****

Have you seen the new Lane Bryant commercial? Shout out to them!  It is a wonderful commercial with Plus size women in their underwear. Love it.

*****

Girls on the Run starts next week. WOO WOO!

*****

One of my favorite snacks is to freeze grapes. It's so refreshing on a hot day.

*****

Monday I was the only person in Holy Yoga class. That means she asked what I wanted to focus on. HOLLA! We didn't have class a the week before and my legs were super tight. So legs it was. They felt so good after. I really needed that.

*****

Sunday I squeezed myself into my size 6 jeans. I hadn't worn them in a while and they were quite the snug pair. I was able to button them, but sitting was extremely painful. I put on my oversized Ravens jersey and spent the first half of the game standing up. I then leaped into yoga pants for the second half. I need to put them on every day as a motivator.

*****

This week I was approached by a friend who asked if I had any clients as old as she is. I was happy to tell her that I have clients who are older than she is. In fact, over 50% of my clients are over the age of 50. I love that. I love that these people aren't letting age become an excuse.

I love my job!

*****

I am growing out my bangs again...the last time took FOREVER (two years) and I cut them after 6 months. I love my short hair and I love the possibility of it with long side bangs. We'll see if I can hold out.


Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts