Random Wednesday: Shark Week, Travel, and Playlist

Happy Random Wednesday Shark Bait!

It's my favorite week of the year. It's also the anniversary of my big fall. I mentioned it in a previous post. Three years ago I took a nasty spill. It was dark and I was wearing flip flops and a skirt. I tripped on a concrete step and went down hard on my knees. It took the skin off of both of them. I was able to walk, but barely. My grandmom with her walker looked like Speedy Gonzalez compared to me. I could only wear skirts because it was too painful to lift my legs to put them in pants. I would have gone without underwear if I could have.

It was a slow and painful recovery. It's hard to grow skin over your knees when they bend and break all of the progress. This was before my Blog. It was before my desires for my first Half Marathon. But, it was during my summer walking time. I had to take 3 weeks off before I could get out there again. When I did I was slow and so cautious it wasn't funny.

I still see the scars on my knees. I am told that they aren't that noticeable, but I see them. I will have them forever. I almost kind of like them now. They are a reminder of things that I have overcome.

I tried to find pictures of them. I know I had a bunch. I took progress pictures to send people regularly, but I can't find any. They were several phones ago. I'm not sure that I downloaded them. If I find them I will post them later.

*****

The other day my aunt made mint brownies. I cannot handle it. They are the best thing EVER. So my rule is: any day that I log 10 miles or more I can have one. I'm kicking butt!

*****

Between my Charlotte trip, my day in DC, and my Pittsburgh trip next week I have had to rearrange my schedule. Rest days and Distance Days have been rescheduled.  It's throwing me off, but I'm making it work. It's actually a really good thing for me. It's a nice challenge. I like routine, but I know that life throws you challenges. So I'm dealing with it.

*****

Okay, new eating plan. Just watch Shark Week 24/7 (available on dvd and netflix now). You will never eat again!

*****

Good news!  I checked and there's a Planet Fitness a mile from my brother's new house in Pittsburgh. Say what you want about them, but for $20 a month I can go to the gym pretty much everywhere I travel. That is a nice bonus. Because I travel A LOT!

*****

My heart is literally breaking every day for Tony Stewart. I hope and pray for him and for the family of the driver involved in the accident.
 
*****

I have been grilling up zucchini and squash and mixing it with my cheese ravioli. It's ridiculously delicious.

*****

 Yesterday was a bonus rest day. I know that my mileage is getting up there. I know that I need more rest days now. Yesterday was unplanned. I had a Rest day on Saturday because I was driving all day, but my calves were killing me yesterday. I may not have run on Saturday, but they got an 8 hour workout.

I listened to my body and I rested. I do enjoy them, but I still struggle with them. Rest Days are contagious. When I have one I seem to want another one right away. I don't like it. It makes me feel like the Former Fat Girl again.

Today I had a distance planned. It's two days later than normal which means that it's 2 days closer to the next one. So I didn't want to have a super long one. I thought I would get in 12. It took me a long time to get my head in the right place. For a little while I thought I would only get in 10. My calves were still sore on the first 3 miles. I'm always tight for the first 3. So I never make any decision on changing distances until I'm past 3 miles. If I'm still hurting then I will re-evaluate. I generally make it through and keep to my planned distance.


*****
Who is ready to update their playlist?  Here is the list that gets mailed to me every month:

On the whole, this playlist compiles a healthy mix of new tunes, fresh takes on recent favorites, and a few curve balls. So, there should be plenty of songs here to keep you moving and a few to keep you guessing.
Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
DJ Snake, Lil Jon, Juicy J, 2 Chainz & French Montana - Turn Down for What (Remix) - 100 BPM
The Black Keys - Fever - 128 BPM
Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan & Jason Derulo - This is How We Roll (Remix) - 132 BPM
Billy Currington - We Are Tonight - 128 BPM
Royksopp & Robyn - Do It Again - 125 BPM
Katy Perry - Birthday (Cash Cash Remix) - 128 BPM
Lady GaGa - G.U.Y. (KDrew Remix) - 125 BPM
Cash Cash & Bebe Rexha - Take Me Home - 127 BPM
Dada Life & Sebastian Bach - Born to Rage - 128 BPM
Tiesto & Matthew Koma - Wasted - 112 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts