Ted Lasso - Embrace Change Part 2

Hello Beautiful People,

Sometimes I spend a couple of weeks writing a blog post and then I get anxious and post it before I finish my thoughts. That happened on my last post. Ooops. Sorry. 

I recapped Ted Lasso Season 1 Episode 4: Tan Lines

Coach Lasso gave a speech in the locker room at halftime. He told the team that they are broken and to embrace change. So many times I feel broken and so many times it takes a little while to accept and embrace change. I love a routine. I THRIVE in a routine. My anxiety and OCD LOVE a routine. However, I also recognize the value of change. Progress requires change. Improvement requires change. That doesn't mean that it's always easy. 

I also mentioned that my schedule changed recently. The change also forced me to change the schedule of my Stretching Zoom classes. I'm embracing that change because I opened it up to friends on Facebook and I have seen new faces. I love that. It's a blessing that I can provide this to more people. Stretching is so good for your body. 

That change to my schedule has also forced me to always be prepared for either scenario. Sadly, I have been sick for a week so I've been limited. And the week before that I was taken down with a gross foot issue. Fine, it was a corn. Ugh. A stupid corn between my toes kept me out of cardio. Considering that the way to get rid of it included spacing between my toes it was hard to wear sneakers since they squish your toes together. I'm happy to report that it is gone. Hooray!  Now if I could just shake this stupid cold. I'm mostly good, but I have some lingering congestion. 

Well, that was a gross turn of events. So now I shall report some good news. My lingering plantar fasciitis is gone. I don't know when, but the lack of cardio and regular stretching has gotten rid of it. Hooray!  It was still active after Christmas, but last week I realized that I was getting out of bed and I didn't have heel pain. Good riddance. 

Now let's talk weather. It's a little crazy. I miss cold cold days. The change in temperatures throughout the day and the excessive rain has led to an early bloom of daffodils. This is one change that I will happily embrace. Daffodils make me smile. They make me think of Mom-Mom. I miss her. I'm not quite ready for shorts weather though. And I'm not excited about allergies. 

 


This past Saturday I was invited to a 90's party. I struggled with what to wear and how to do my hair. There is no reason to share this except that I did made and effort and I looked adorable. It was nice not to be wearing a hat with a ponytail or braids. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but it is nice to put in a little effort every now and then. Not bad for almost 50. 


Okay, I must log off now. Today I hurt my eye when I took my contacts out. I don't know what happened, but it felt like I had been punched in the eye for 3 hours. I don't think that the screen time is good for it. I do feel better, but I also took nyquil so I'm starting to get loopy. 

And on that note, have a wonderful night. 



I appreciate you.

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts