No chocolate in 6 days. Surely I have lost 5lbs by now

Hello Beautiful People,

Ash Wednesday was last week. It's been 5 days since I gave up chocolate. I really don't have a temptation to each chocolate during Lent and I wish that I could embrace this superpower for the rest of the year. 

I will add that it got cold and rainy this weekend and I really wanted a hot chocolate. I had a philosophical debate with myself as to whether that counted or not. In the past, I have strictly given up candy chocolate. Some years that has extended to mochas and hot chocolate. Sometimes that has extended to all sweets. I did not have the hot chocolate, but I'm not being that restrictive. I will allow it. 

I also deleted Candy Crush and I haven't missed it. I don't want to get too excited, but I finished a book that I started over Christmas and I've knocked several things off of my To-Do List. So far Lent is going well for me. 



Alright, I know what you want to hear about. What about the CHEESE? Well, I haven't been an angel about it, but I haven't bought any cheese either. I have still used a little feta in my salads and a new recipe. And today I had cheese on the breakfast sandwich that I ordered. However, I haven't opened the sealed provolone in the fridge. 

I'm feeling good. I should have lost 5 lbs by now right? Haha. Well, I have lost 1lb. I also attribute that to the extreme amount of water that I have been drinking. I traveled to see mom last weekend and I know that I was a little dehydrated because I didn't want to stop to pee a lot so I didn't drink a lot of water. I had a severe headache last Sunday. 

I had a great visit with my mom. The drive up was sucky though. It was so windy for the entire 7 hour drive. My body was so tight and stressed by the time that I arrived. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was exhausted. I wish that I could have slept in, but we had plans. And I needed to get my oil changed early. 

Aunt Carol came over and we all went out to Brunch together. This used to happen every couple of months. However, over the past year, my mom has been a co-caretaker for my Grandmom. I have missed the fun that the 3 of us had together. So we cherish this time when we get it. 

For brunch, we went to the Lazy Dog Cafe. I have been there once and I know that they have an amazing black bean burger. I was in the mood for breakfast though. Brunch Baby!  The waitress recommended that if our entre came with the option of hash browns, then we should choose that. And we did. I ordered the Avocado Toast with cheesy eggs. It was soooooo yummy. It was also a little too much. I didn't think the hash browns would be so thick. In retrospect, I would order the side of watermelon instead next time. However, it was a celebration so all is well. I think my brain was thinking of seasoned potatoes, not a hashbrown. I will say, that we were all so full from Brunch that we didn't eat dinner. 


When we walked into the restaurant there were girl scouts in the waiting area selling cookies. We bought a box. I strategically picked a lemon cookie because there is no chocolate. Go Me!

One of the projects for the weekend involved getting new phones. I'm happy to report that it was a successful trip. When we were out picking up new phone cases we decided to order takeout from our Favorite place: Silver Diner. So we place our order before we checked out. We both decided on salads. I got the Lemon Hummus and Mediterranean salad with cauliflower pita. We looked to see if there were any promotions and if we spent $5 more then we got $10 off. So we got two sides of mashed potatoes. I regret nothing. 


It was such a nice trip. And then the morning after I got home my check engine light came on. COME ON! My belly flopped. Luckily, all is well now, but all week my anxiety was high. I was lucky to get seen with no appointment on Saturday and they flushed my fuel system (a tube was full of fuel that was supposed to be fumes) and replaced my emissions valve. I was originally told it wasn't urgent, but it was. I feel very blessed that it got resolved so quick. I feel like I can breathe right now. I literally can breathe. I'm not sick anymore and I'm not sucking in emissions fumes. Since I can breathe I am back to my cardio schedule. It felt good today. I can't wait to do it again.

Last weekend Aunt Carol gave me a recipe and I made it yesterday. It was SOOOO good. I wanted to share. It was easy and a delicious side dish: 

Zucchini noodles

Sun-dried tomatoes

Garlic

Fresh Spinich

Walnuts

Feta

Olive Oil

Dry white wine


I altered it a little and it's so good and full of flavor. Saute the zucchini in olive oil for 4-5 minutes. In another pan, brown the garlic. Add spinach, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Garnish with walnuts and cheese. Enjoy. 

In case you haven't heard, Season 3 of Ted Lasso begins in two weeks. HOORAY!  I guess that means that I need to write a post about the next episode: Two Aces. I can't wait. 

I appreciate you.

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts