Ted Lasso Season 1: Episode 2 - Biscuits

Hello, Lovelies and Gents,

Full disclosure, I'm writing this on the 5th anniversary of my Dad's passing. I might get a little emotional. On a positive note today the Philadelphia Eagles (football) won again and I know my Dad is smiling. And the Philadelphia Phillies (baseball) are one win away from the playoffs so it was a good day. Oh and Syracuse Football is 5-0. I spent the day just wishing I could call him to talk about it all. 

On a more positive note, it's time to talk about the Lesson to focus on from Ted Lasso Season 1: Episode 2 - "Biscuits"

In the first episode, we were introduced to Coach Lasso and Coach Beard. In this episode, the team and fans are introduced to him. In addition to the positive storylines and smiles that I enjoy, I love the music selected for each episode. I'll even add that if you have Apple Music, they have playlists with all of the music for each season. I listen to them regularly. At the beginning of this episode Coach Beard picks up Ted Lasso and they walk to work. Along the way, they come upon Cam Cole, although we don't really know him yet. Cam is a street performer who is a one-man band. Side note: He is incredible. I listen to his music on Apple Music too. 

Today we are going to focus on one of the most popular quotes from the whole series. Sam is a young stud from Nigeria and he is no match for the phenom Jamie Tartt. During one play he basically gets run over by Jamie and then mocked. Ted calls him over and says to him: "Do you know what the happiest animal on earth is? Goldfish. Know why? It has a 10-second memory. Be a goldfish. 



This is such a great motivation. Shake it off. Forget about it and move on.  If you can't do that, then it's going to be hard to move on.  Another cool thing is that my Pastor gave a sermon on the memory of a Goldfish before Ted Lasso even came out. Be a Goldfish applies to so many things in life. 

Back to me. I was in a great rhythm this summer for my workouts. My body was responding and I was feeling good. The beginning of August slowed it down considerably, but I forced myself to get into a routine while I was getting my classroom ready for the Fall. I was so exhausted, but I knew that if I didn't go into the school year in a routine, then it would be harder to start one. I was doing great. And then school started. The first week took me out. It was exhausting. In addition, my client schedule changed and made it harder to get to the gym more than 2 times during the week. My workouts would have to get creative. 

This past week I was so excited. This was going to be my big comeback. It was my Goldfish week! I only had one client scheduled. I should be able to get to the gym 4 days after preschool. Hooray. The first day I went I was a sweaty mess when I left. It felt SO good. What felt bad was the blister that developed on my heel. GOSH DARN IT! The next day I didn't want to go to the gym, get on the treadmill, and get right off because my heel couldn't deal. Instead, I did laps in the gym at church. Happily, my pace was really good and I did laps for over an hour. I needed to stop though because my stupid blister got worse. I'm so dumb. That was one bad part of being a goldfish. I forgot about the issue at hand. 

The next day a client rescheduled so I could not go to the gym. Bugger!  But, I got my walking in and I got some weights in. And then on Friday, we got the hurricane so NOPE. I did make sure to get my strength training in though. Goldfish!

If you're having a bad workout, Be a Goldfish. If you keep putting off making positive changes, Be a Goldfish.  If you sabotage all of your hard work by eating poorly, Be a Goldfish. You are only responsible for yourself. You are only accountable to yourself. Be a Goldfish. Give yourself a break and start all over. 

I try hard not to give you too much information on the episodes. My goal is to give you enough to make you want to watch it for yourselves without ruining the experience. However, I love puns. I really do. This episode has one of the BEST and, not gonna lie, it has made me pee myself from laughing. 

Ted, Higgins, and Rebecca are in her office. Ted mentions that he is having lunch with Higgins today. Higgins confirms that it's salads in his office. As Ted goes to leave Higgins says "Caesar you later." Ted busts back in through the door and points to him "YES!" Seriously, I almost peed just typing that. It may not have seemed that funny if you aren't watching it happen. Trust me and go watch the show. 

The next episode is another delight. We will be introduced to one of my favorite characters and someone important will jump on the Ted Lasso Express. I can't wait to talk about it. 

Before I go, I will remind you that the Charlotte Crop Hunger Walk is in 2 weeks. I have spent the better part of the year planning it. Your girl is the co-chair this year remember. Anyway, Charlotte is just one location. There are different Crop Hunger Walks around the country all year. Check out the link to see if there is one near you: Crop Hunger Walk

And of course, if you would like to sponsor me and help someone in need please do: Jennie's Crop Walk Page


Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts