Ack! I'm going to be on the News.

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I'm sorry that I didn't write a post this week. It's been crazy busy. You may remember that I am the co-chair of this year's Charlotte CROP Hunger Walk. Well, it is in 3 days and the past couple of weeks have been crazy. I may have had a few meltdowns.  We knew going in that we might not meet our goal. We are anticipating less, but hoping for more. I have been in full HUSTLE mode to get donations. It's exhausting. 

My hustle has paid off. We still may not make our goal, but it won't be for lack of trying on my part. I'll be honest, as much as I look forward to it, I look forward to the week after. I only have one client and then I am going to the beach the following weekend. Hooray!

I don't mind speaking in front of crowds. I don't get nervous unless I am reading something directly. This will be my second year as the emcee at the walk. I still have to work on what I'm going to say, but I look forward to it. It's fun. 

I don't like being recorded. So naturally, I am being interviewed tomorrow for the Sunday Morning News. ACK! It's stressing me out. Like seriously stressing me out. I opted out of the Live interview. I will be driving to church at that time anyway. The interview will be over Zoom so I will have control of my lighting and my background. I decided to use a conference room at church. That way I wouldn't be in a hurry to get home and then worry about what my background is. I also asked about wearing hats. I generally wear hats with my hair in braids for preschool. It's pretty adorable, but it also keeps little hands out of it. I wanted to make sure that there weren't issues with that. I was given the green light. Hooray! Now I don't have to get up extra early and do my hair. I'll bring makeup for a refresher, but I should be okay. 

Okay, it's almost time for Grey's Anatomy and I must get ready. I just didn't want you to think that I had forgotten you. I still need to blog about the 3rd episode of Ted Lasso. 

Before I go, I would be remiss if I didn't plug the Crop Walk. All of the funds raised go to help someone in need. 25% of what we raise stays local in Charlotte. 75% of it goes around the world. It's helping communities that are recovering from hurricanes and droughts. It's helping refugees with education pods for children. So much good is done with every dollar raised. Please consider donating. $15 can provide a hygiene kit to someone recovering from Hurricane Ian. That's not much to ask. 

https://events.crophungerwalk.org/2022/jennie-henderson-2

I appreciate you. 

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts