Mini-Post: Always Prepared for the gym

Hello Beautiful People, 

I hope this finds you well. I'm going to start this post with a GOLDFISH alert. After last week's plans for the gym got derailed, I got back into it this week. I have 4 possible days this week and so far I have hit the gym twice. And I was SWEATY NASTY. 


Also, BIG Shoutout to the Philadelphia Phillies (baseball) for making the Playoffs for the first time in 11 years. WOO WOO!

I may be listening to too many True Crime Podcasts (is there such a thing as too many?) because I'm making this a Mini-Post or a Bonus episode. LOL

I was a Girl Scout. I'm always prepared. I can't just go to the gym. I have to have my bag ready. Luckily it's always ready. I thought I would share with you what I take with me:



 

You may think this is crazy, but I keep a pack of baby wipes in my bag. My gym no longer has paper towels. So if I don't have a washcloth to wipe the sweat off with, the wipes are a great option. I also keep one in my car for when I pump gas. Just in case gas gets on my hands. Some call it genius. Others say my OCD is showing. I like to think they are both right :-)

So you might not need this, but I have a 30-minute drive home from my gym (it's close to work). I can't do cardio and then sit with my legs bent for 30 minutes. It messes with my feet and they start to swell. Once I started switching to my slides before I leave the locker room and I have not had any issues. Although I will say that one day I forgot to change back to my sneakers before I met with a client and I just could not keep my pace behind her in the slides. Lesson Learned. 

My knee makes it necessary to wear a patella strap. I have several and one is always in my bag. My knee will let me know if I forgot it. You may not need one, but if you need any enhancements I would suggest keeping an extra in your bag. 

I also keep a tennis ball in the bag. Why? Well, let me tell you. I keep it in case my calf cramps or my legs are too tight. I use it for myofascial release. I can use it to apply pressure to the affected area and roll it around. When you are injury prone, you learn to plan ahead. 

There is a towel. It can serve two purposes: 1- it can cover the display screen on the treadmill (sometimes I can get too preoccupied with watching the time) and 2- it can wipe my sweat. Simple, yet effective. 

Obviously, there is a lock. I like my blue lock because it's easy to find, even though I almost always use the same locker. 

Finally, of course, there is a water bottle. There's also a protein bar, but that stays in my pocketbook. 

*There are a couple of other things that find their way in there: Chapstick, deodorant, and body spray.

I hope this helps you to be prepared for anything and also helps eliminates the excuses. 

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts